• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73/74 people with big blocks and factory wire looms, What plug wires are you running?

S&JButler

Local time
10:34 AM
Reaction score
Need to buy wires for my Satellite. Not really looking for cut to fit. Trying to (somewhat) use factory style looms. Just looking for some good options. Thanks.

I tried the MSD street fire wires to replace the yellow Accel wires. Noticeable difference immediately. Under $100 (2yrs ago), can't remember if they were cut to fit or not but that's easy anyway
IMG_20240508_210541.jpg

To be perfectly honest, I just run Standard Ignition wires. I'll probably get crushed for this but unless you're having misfire problems, high performance wires and coils DO NOT add power. You cannot make more power by super igniting the mixture, it either ignites, or you have misfires. This applies to stock and modified engines, until you start to experience misfires, the ignition is doing it's job.

Mark

I’m running the old firecore 250 wires 8 mm. Had to enlarge a bit the looms.

I had to give the measurements for custom build to match the original 73 and lates lenghts based on a NOS Mopar setup I had, because tipically ALL manufacturers offer the pre 72 setup. Dunno if they saved those measurements.

Need to buy wires for my Satellite. Not really looking for cut to fit. Trying to (somewhat) use factory style looms. Just looking for some good options. Thanks.

The 440 engine has come in numerous bodies and configurations, so it may be a stretch finding a set that will fit your exect 440 configuration.

These cut-to-fit sets are pretty decent. You usually only cut one end, the distributor end. By mixing around the wires (of varying lengths) in the set, you can place the longer sizes where you need them.

I would give a 7mm set in the your desired color a chance, if you cannot find a more OEM-styled option.

Auto Transport Service
Back