• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with 64 Fury Engine Block Stamp

Local time
11:42 PM
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

does anyone can help me with decoding the engine stampe showing at the picture. I think it means V=1964 and 41 is for 413cui engine. But i'm not really sure. And HP is for high perfomance? And what about the rest?
Maybe here are some experts who can help me? It´s very difficult to find any information here in germany....

Thanks guys and have a great day!!!

Engine Stamp.jpg

Check the casting on the side.. but it's likely that the 1 and the 31 are "Jan 31". Unless there are additional markings under the spark plug wires we can't see. Sometimes the 3 number day date is below the year, in this case "V", as opposed to next to it.

'64 Plymouth Fury never came with factory-installed 413. The only cars using a 413 in 1964 were Chrysler and Imperial. These motors were normally rated at 340 h.p. However, there was an optional 413 that was rated at 360 h.p. in these cars. Likely a better cam and dual exhaust, and the block stamped HP.

Thank you for your answers. The problem is that the previous owner died and a friend of his sold the car. Unfortunately there is no information, no original papers for the car, only the German registration, and I'm currently trying to find out which engine it is. And therefore are no one who can say whether this is still the original engine or whether something has been rebuilt over the years.

Thanks again for the answers

So ist Looks Like the original engine was replaced by a 413cui Engine, right?
Does my First Picture Shows a 413 engine?

Alright thank you.
And is HP for high Performance? If so, how much HP does this engine have normaly?
German Registration says the Car have 200kw, thats Something around 200hp. But for me that seems a little Low

Looks like a 1964 413 HP block...most likely from a 64 300 Chrysler....bonus if it has solid lifter cam and adjustable rockers

Auto Transport Service
Back