• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pie Tin Decal

Good grief. I have to be more careful on how I ask questions.

If my engine is the wrong color for a '68, then having the wrong pie tin on my car falls way down on the list of my sins.

I'm just going to crank up the Waylon J. and find something to jump over.

sorry, but yeah.......... just run it and enjoy it, only the Mopar guys know........ if you really want the original look, start gathering what you need and prepare to pull the engine out

and will the proper 68 air cleaner fit under the hood with that intake?

sorry, but yeah.......... just run it and enjoy it, only the Mopar guys know........ if you really want the original look, start gathering what you need and prepare to pull the engine out
Oh, I can see it happening already. I've got to finish my kid's car first, but then this one is coming apart. It's a very clean starting point but needs some work to be 100% right.

just thinking out loud, it may be an issue and someone here can answer it....... that's a very nice car, best of luck with it....... and working on them is half the fun; especially when they aren't swiss cheese rusty

If the 70 fits the factory 68 unsilenced will fit no problem, they have basically the same drop. Now if its an AC car with the duel snorkel I am not sure.

If the 70 fits the factory 68 unsilenced will fit no problem, they have basically the same drop. Now if its an AC car with the duel snorkel I am not sure.
It's got a Holley Strip Dominator intake manifold. I think eldubb440 may be correct. It might be too tall for the hood.

if running stock exhaust manifolds, that intake may not even be practical; it may even take away a little drivability..........

6 pm on a Friday...... time to get off my butt, I'm headed out to the shop to work

if running stock exhaust manifolds, that intake may not even be practical; it may even take away a little drivability
That is an absolute fact. I've spent the last month removing most of the go-fast parts. I left the intake, because I'm lazy...

On the bright side, you have your dog and your car !
I probably should leave that comment alone and not respond.

Truth be told, the Mrs. is very supportive; but she's a Cheby girl. She just hasn't seen the light yet. She doesn't like Waylon either. Yet.

Last edited:
I probably should leave that comment alone and not respond.

Truth be told, the Mrs. is very supportive; but she's a Cheby girl. She just hasn't seen the light yet. She doesn't like Waylon either. Yet.
Mine prefers cute little imports, but she’s tolerated seven GTXs over 46 years of marriage.

Here’s one on Facebook marketplace at a good price.

IMG_8337.png

I wonder if our princess @CudaChick1968 could strip one clean and then apply what the OP needs?

Auto Transport Service
Back