• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Secondary water temp sensor location?

SteveSS

Local time
8:20 PM
Reaction score
I also posted this on the general forum.

We are wiring up the new aluminum radiator with electric fans on the 71 Charger 500. I know where the sensor by the water pump is, but I need another spot for the fan sensor. We found a plug on the rear of the intake manifold. Will that work or is the another one? I don't want to sacrifice my temp gauge.

I also posted this on the general forum.

We are wiring up the new aluminum radiator with electric fans on the 71 Charger 500. I know where the sensor by the water pump is, but I need another spot for the fan sensor. We found a plug on the rear of the intake manifold. Will that work or is the another one? I don't want to sacrifice my temp gauge.
What engine do you have?
Mike

I put mine in a block drain plug.

I added a mechanical temp gauge to the hole on top of the water pump housing with the "square drive" plug in it (big block). Your sensor could go there if you've got a big block

We welded a bung into the radiator itself.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back