• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this?

Yennes

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:22 PM
Reaction score
Hi,

I was working on the dashboard when the part fell out. Does someone know where it should be installed?

IMG_6342.jpeg

IMG_6341.jpeg

IMG_6340.jpeg

It appears to be a cable clamp. Check the heater control cables.
Mike

How many factory screws are straight slot? Very few.

It looks added on. It's not for the heater cables.

Are you working on the 68 Charger?

Maybe a manual choke cable add on.

It appears to be a cable clamp. Check the heater control cables.
Mike
Already noticed the clamp. We are not familiar with the heater parts because many parts missing.

How many factory screws are straight slot? Very few.

It looks added on. It's not for the heater cables.

Are you working on the 68 Charger?
No on the 64 polara, sorry forgot to add that info.

Maybe a manual choke cable add on.
We have a choke add on. Will check this one. Thanks

I do not think that was a factory installed part as I have
never seen one Like that disassembling several early
mopars.

Found it:

It belongs to the heater control valve. I saw a picture on the internet and saw that it belongs there. Here my picture:

32d60a85-4fd8-494a-bf3f-0972943d11e4.jpeg

I am about to rebuild the complete heaterbox. I already restored a couple of parts. There are some parts that are missing and my question is, if someone did a heaterbox rebuild on a 64 b body. I would appreciate some pictures of your restoration to see what is missing on mine.

Thanks in advance
Yannik

Found it:

It belongs to the heater control valve. I saw a picture on the internet and saw that it belongs there. Here my picture:

View attachment 1663512
I am about to rebuild the complete heaterbox. I already restored a couple of parts. There are some parts that are missing and my question is, if someone did a heaterbox rebuild on a 64 b body. I would appreciate some pictures of your restoration to see what is missing on mine.

Thanks in advance
Yannik
Is a 1965 the same?
Mike

Found it:

View attachment 1663512

Thanks in advance
Yannik
See the Attached link - Can of rusty worms Starts at post 353. Then jump to post 506. Yep, that's my car, but previous owners thread.

Last edited:
See the Attached link - Can of rusty worms Starts at post 353. Then jump to post 506. Yep, that's my car, but previous owners thread.
MY MAN :bananadance:

Can you provide me some pictures from the cable that goes from the heater control lever from the dash to the heater control valve? I do not have this part and do not know how it looks. Thanks

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back