• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 coronet dash board removal with glassin

snakeoil24

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:29 AM
Reaction score
Any suggestions how to make dash removable with glass in? I'm about to install glass and want to make dash removable if possibleafter gasket and glass sits on top of bolts

I'm considering the same thing for my '69. My thought is to screw it in from the underside. Unfortunately I don't have the car home to look at it yet but I was thinking of putting the flips on the windshield frame instead of on the dash. I think there's quite a bit of gasket material that the screws could go into.

FWIW I think there was a post about this a few years back over on Moparts.

Clips on the channel and screws from the bottom has been discussed on here a few times.

I've not actually seen it successfully implemented though.

Shorter screw probably necessary.

Another option I've thought about, is a stud welded through the clip.

I'm afraid to take my cracked windshield out to play with it because I might need to tow the car to the glass shop in the next city over.

The dash mounts over the clip so you can't weld a stud to it. But if you notice, the gasket doesn't stick to the dash and its got a pretty wide flange on it (the gasket). So I think putting the clips on the dash with the screws up from the bottome might work. Just not sure about access to those screws from the underside.

I thought someone here successfully did the screw flip mod.

Somewhat related - how many screws are used to attach the dash to the cowl below the windshield? I thought (5), but there is this sixth hole that is very close to one in the center. See attached. Do you add another clip and screw here and make it six? This is a '70 B body.

Thanks.

dash mount hole.jpg

Strangely the middle hole is smaller than the other five and is directly in the center. There must be a reason for that, not sure.

Auto Transport Service
Back