• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 426 Hemi Road Runner convertible recreation

NJRR

Local time
8:11 PM
Reaction score
On Ebay right now, NOT MINE. I don't understand how a clone can go this high, up to $76k and reserve not met yet. Seller states it's a recreation, but stuck a Hemi VIN in the listing. I emailed him on it and he said the title has the REAL vin on it. Seems a little misleading to me and maybe the bidders just looked up the VIN from the listing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322588761684?_trksid=p2471758.m4703

Picture Information

s-l400.jpg

• s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
Have one to sell? Sell now
Details about 1970 Plymouth Road Runner
1970 Plymouth Road Runner

| Add to watch list
Seller information
moparc (98 )
Follow this seller
Ask seller a question
See other items

Item Information
Item condition:
Used
Time left:
Time left: 1 day 6 hours Tuesday, 11:42PM
Current bid:
US $76,000.00
Reserve not met
[ 33 bids ]

Place bid

Enter US $76,100.00 or more

Add to watch list

Add to collection
Longtime member
Get low monthly payments | get an instant decision
Order an inspection from WeGoLook | Learn More
Shipping:
Buyer responsible for vehicle pick-up or shipping | Vehicle shipping quote available

Item location:
Chetek, Wisconsin, United States

Ships to:
United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia
Payments:
Deposit of US $2,000.00 within 48 hours of auction close
Full payment is required within 7 days of auction close
Guarantee:
VPP_Shield.png
- Opens in a new window or tab
Vehicle Purchase Protection
Covers up to $100,000 when your transaction is completed through eBay. Restrictions apply. Learn more. - Opens in a new window or tab

Report item - opens in a new window or tab
eBay item number:
Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.
Vehicle Specifics for 1970 Plymouth Road Runner
logoAutoCheck-vhr-pb_174x26.jpg

Vehicle History Report Not Available
1970 Plymouth Road Runner
VIN#: RM27R0G2302705
Possible Explanations why the report is not available include:
  • The seller didn't enter the vehicle identification number correctly.
  • The vehicle is too new to have a history report.
  • The vehicle was manufactured prior to 1981.
  • The vehicle didn't have a 17-digit vehicle identification number.
  • The vehicle wasn't intended for the US market (such as limited production exotics).
Item specifics
Condition: Used Year: 1970
VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): RM27R0G2302705 Mileage: 99,000
Make: Plymouth Vehicle Title: Clear
Model:
Road Runner

Oh boy, that IS misleading. You don't know if he started with a Road Runner or a Sport Satellite 318/3-speed stick car. I believe only 4 Hemi Road Runner convertibles were built in 1970 & I've never seen one, not even in a magazine.

From what I've read - 824 total 1970 Road Runner convertibles built
801- 383
19 - 440 six pack
4 - Hemi

80 grand?? I think he's a dreamer.

You guys know way more than me but the way i read it is, its a Road Runner convertible.The guy stuck a Hemi in it, hence the recration part. The VIN should reflect a RR convertible that does not indicate a Hemi. Anything else sounds fishy. But its a great looking car beautifully done as far as one can tell from pictures

Regardless of how nice the car is, how is this ANYTHING other than outright misrepresentation, deception and fraud?

The VIN in the ad is listed as RM27R0. That is a 1970 Hemi convertible. If you are listing a car, the real VIN should be listed, not what you WISH it was or want you want to fool others with.

Bullshit.

Oh boy, that IS misleading. You don't know if he started with a Road Runner or a Sport Satellite 318/3-speed stick car. I believe only 4 Hemi Road Runner convertibles were built in 1970 & I've never seen one, not even in a magazine.

From what I've read - 824 total 1970 Road Runner convertibles built
801- 383
19 - 440 six pack
4 - Hemi

In 1970, Sport Satellites weren't offered as a convertible. Only the Satellite, 701 made if I recall. I've owned 3 ( my current ride ) !! :lol:

You guys know way more than me but the way i read it is, its a Road Runner convertible.The guy stuck a Hemi in it, hence the recration part. The VIN should reflect a RR convertible that does not indicate a Hemi. Anything else sounds fishy. But its a great looking car beautifully done as far as one can tell from pictures

Agreed it's beautiful. Using the Hemi VIN is bordering on scam, IMHO. I wonder if it's a member here.

Regardless of how nice the car is, how is this ANYTHING other than outright misrepresentation, deception and fraud?

The VIN in the ad is listed as RM27R0. That is a 1970 Hemi convertible. If you are listing a car, the real VIN should be listed, not what you WISH it was or want you want to fool others with.

Bullshit.
Completely agree.....Be honest call it what it is...with that aside it is a nice car and a shame the misrepresentation/deception spoils that...

In 1970, Sport Satellites weren't offered as a convertible. Only the Satellite, 701 made if I recall. I've owned 3 ( my current ride ) !! :lol:

Thanks for the info! Many years ago I had a chance to buy a '70 Satellite convertible, 318, 3-speed stick, blue with white top/interior in the St.Louis area for $1500. My wife didn't want to learn to drive a stick shift :( Heck, I would have put an automatic in it for her....oh, well.

Thanks for the info! Many years ago I had a chance to buy a '70 Satellite convertible, 318, 3-speed stick, blue with white top/interior in the St.Louis area for $1500. My wife didn't want to learn to drive a stick shift :( Heck, I would have put an automatic in it for her....oh, well.

My first one was a 318, 3 on the tree, red with white on white. Bought it in 1980 for $400. Drove it for all 4 years of college. Lotta fun in that car !!!!! :lol:

I asked the seller for the VIN and this is what he said
RM27NOG233024

RM27NOG233024

I asked him also and he told me the "REAL" VIN is on the title. The point is that he is listing it for sale with the Hemi VIN in the VIN spot and the only indication that it's not an original Hemi car is using the word re-creation once in the ebay listing. He never states that it started as a 383 or 440 car. VERY deceptive to someone uninformed about the rarity of a 70 Hemi RR convertible. Yes, it is up to the buyer to do his due diligence, but the seller is open to a fraud lawsuit based on how he listed the car, IMO.

and Roadrunners were offered as Convertible - but not the GTX.

If he has put a different vin on the car itself that is illegal in every state! You cant have one vin number on a car and a different one on the title. Somebody get a rope. lol Beautiful car though.

Last edited:
RM27NOG233024
That looks close to what is advertised...:rolleyes:

Plymouth Road Runner
VIN#: RM27R0G2302705

and Roadrunners were offered as Convertible - but not the GTX.

Correct. I was just clarifying to PurpleBeeper that the Satellite but not Sport Satellite came as a convertible. He has a 70 RR convertible. Any 70 GTX vert is a "tribute" too, as you pointed out.

Because of his deception, it makes you wonder if it was even a real convertible.

You're a funny guy RC. I guess I should be flattered that you remember my hypothetical inquiry thread. :rolleyes:

You're a funny guy RC. I guess I should be flattered that you remember my hypothetical inquiry thread. :rolleyes:

That was you? Pardon me, but I forgot who that was. Next time you post a hypothetical thread, you really should let everyone in on it ahead of time.

Makes things easier.

:thumbsup:

Lovely car.
70 Plymouths are gorgeous and a Vert.
Never get what he wants though

Auto Transport Service
Back