• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 Only

Cordovan is a really nice color
I wish I had this

But have only nutmeg with sandstone roof

View attachment 1659588
I know early Mopar's are popular in Europe. Always thought it would be incredibly challenging to source parts for these. Do you use local sources are do you source from the U.S. and have them shipped? Also read an article a few years ago regarding auto exports specifically classic cars from America to other countries. The article referenced US Customs data which included year, make and model. The conclusion was that a huge number of CDP products '50's thru early '70's were going to Scandinavian countries. In fact it was not just running examples but salvage vehicles for parts as well. Is this your experience? I have been wanting to go to the Power Big Meet in Sweden ever since I heard about it. Have you attended and if so do you have any tips on where to stay and the must see's? I am thinking of attending in 2025.

Here's a link for anyone else thats interested in "The Power Big Meet" Power Big Meet

Last edited:
Got a question about factory seat belts in 62 B body. How where they bolted/attached to the floor behind the front seats ? My 62 Fury wagon has seat belts that were bolted through the large body plug holes ., No adapters, no strength plates, just 3/8" bolt and large washer under the floor pan. Was that correct ? Anyone got pictures of belt mount ?

Got a question about factory seat belts in 62 B body. How where they bolted/attached to the floor behind the front seats ? My 62 Fury wagon has seat belts that were bolted through the large body plug holes ., No adapters, no strength plates, just 3/8" bolt and large washer under the floor pan. Was that correct ? Anyone got pictures of belt mount ?
unless it was optioned it won't have seat belt mounts/holes... i just bought belts for mine and have to make holes/mounts

unless it was optioned it won't have seat belt mounts/holes... i just bought belts for mine and have to make holes/mounts
My 62 Savoy has factory seat belt mounts (I have NO idea why!). They are slightly u-shaped reinforcements with a nut welded on, spot welded to the floor. I'm using mine for the lap belt portion of my five point harness. (I have to add a flat plate reinforcement for the crotch strap, and the shoulder belts are bolted,to the roll bar). They look like this... (if the pic comes out....) Ten o'clock in the photo.
Edit: pretty sure that is a 7/16 bolt. I don't remember if it's coarse or fine thread. It IS grade eight, as is all my harness hardware.
2nd edit: roughly even with the rear edge of the door (2 door)
3rd edit: the other two reinforced thru bolts are two of four bolts for fiberglass bucket seat mount brackets
4th edit: the glass seat is solidly mounted to the roll bar, per nhra regs.

IMG_20240507_152302.jpg

Last edited:
My '62 Savoy has belts that were added due to state mandates in the 70's and Connecticut having strict inspection laws. The hardware is an OEM accessory kit.

My 62 Savoy has factory seat belt mounts (I have NO idea why!). They are slightly u-shaped reinforcements with a nut welded on, spot welded to the floor. I'm using mine for the lap belt portion of my five point harness. (I have to add a flat plate reinforcement for the crotch strap, and the shoulder belts are bolted,to the roll bar). They look like this... (if the pic comes out....) Ten o'clock in the photo.
Edit: pretty sure that is a 7/16 bolt. I don't remember if it's coarse or fine thread. It IS grade eight, as is all my harness hardware.
2nd edit: roughly even with the rear edge of the door (2 door)
3rd edit: the other two reinforced thru bolts are two of four bolts for fiberglass bucket seat mount brackets
4th edit: the glass seat is solidly mounted to the roll bar, per nhra regs.

View attachment 1659741
Thanks for the photo. Mine many have been added by state law long ago....one of those put them in " nobody will check them things" Mine are are mounted in that floor plug 3/8-7/16 bolt just free floating in that 2" hole with a large square flat washer under the floor...nothing welded .....but it passed the inspection...I guess ?

Thanks for the photo. Mine many have been added by state law long ago....one of those put them in " nobody will check them things" Mine are are mounted in that floor plug 3/8-7/16 bolt just free floating in that 2" hole with a large square flat washer under the floor...nothing welded .....but it passed the inspection...I guess ?
Sounds sketchy to me. I hope you won't ever need those belts anchored like that. I think I'd drill a hole and put a 3"x3" steel reinforcement under the floor, at least for the drivers side. And if factory bolts are 7/16, I sure wouldn't go smaller than that.

They are slightly u-shaped reinforcements with a nut welded on, spot welded to the floor.
My 62 Valiant had the exact same brackets welded to the floor behind the bucket seats.
A horrible angle for the belts.

The bolts had an eyelet and the seatbelts had double sided hooks.
Based on that, the belts/chrome latches, and the Fasten Seat Belt sticker on the dash, clearly period aftermarket add-ons.

I added belts to both cars, 62 Dart and Valiant, used the same method as the factory mounts in my 64.

Seat belt mounting plates with nuts welded inside the tunnel.
For each rocker I took 2 nuts, welded them together, ran a bolt in to hold them steady, drilled a hole in the rocker, and with one nut protruding a bit, welded it up.

If you slightly offset the 2 nuts welded together, they act like a lock nut.

Sounds sketchy to me. I hope you won't ever need those belts anchored like that. I think I'd drill a hole and put a 3"x3" steel reinforcement under the floor, at least for the drivers side. And if factory bolts are 7/16, I sure wouldn't go smaller than that.
I want to get some junkyard 3 pont belts for front/rear..and install better.

Got a question guys. How is the wide stainless steel trim that is above the drip rail removed, you can see it in my picture...I think it was used on Sport Furys also.

P1040756.JPG

I removed it on my 2 door 62 Dart, iirc the windshield side moldings need to be removed, 3 screws, and since mine was a hardtop, the upper stainless window channels, which are screwed in after the wide drip rail stainless, not sure on non-hardtop, then any screws remaining holding just the drip rail molding.
Then, I took multiple gasket scrapers, as they are wide, and gradually, carefully, pried the trim up and away from the body.

20210414_153246.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back