• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'64 330 K-frame questions

Mopar=fun

Local time
5:01 PM
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has tried putting a QA1 #52315 tube k-frame into a 62-65 b-body? I think it'll set the engine further back towards the firewall about 1 5/8". Is there anything else that may cause problems or require special attention?

IMG_0022.JPG

Was wondering if anyone has tried putting a QA1 #52315 tube k-frame into a 62-65 b-body? I think it'll set the engine further back towards the firewall about 1 5/8". Is there anything else that may cause problems or require special attention?

View attachment 413950
The trans tunnel in the early cars is pretty small. Usually have to clearence it. Obviously the drive shaft is shorter.

View attachment 413950

If you have an a/c car, where the expansion valve is right behind the engine in the middle of the firewall, you will have a problem. If you have an a/c, you will need to re route your plumbing on the firewall. Trans gets a little tight, especially above the servo bosses in the trans. Best thing to do is fit it all up and prepare to do a little thumping on the floor areas. Thats what I did on mine with a 70 k-frame. I also had some more work to do as I'm using a Gearvendors OD in the car. I would suggest you make an engine/trans dolly and have access to a lift or other means to lift the front of the car to slide the units in and out for the fitting.

IMG_1510.JPG IMG_1515.JPG IMG_1520.JPG IMG_1522.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back