• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone need this big block starter?

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
2:54 PM
Reaction score
This was on my 440 when I bought my Cornet. The motor is supposed to be from an RV. It is a 1974 truck stamping. The starter has the following stampings. You guys can figure out the date codes. It was working when I replaced it with a mini starter for header clearance.

IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0004-001.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG

How much ?
I don't know what they are really worth. But I don't see me ever putting it back on the car.

I guess I'm really just trying to figure out what to do with it. If it's rare I'm not giving it away. On the other hand, if it's a run of the mill starter one of you guys needs to finish a more or less factory restoration then I'm willing to do what I can to help.

So, let's start with defining what it is by looking at the casting numbers and go from there.

Well, thanks to Justine (aka moparnation74) this is a re-manufactured original starter. I have decided to sell it for my cost to ship it which will be at least $30-$40 (it's heavy). I will go to my UPS Store and get an estimate, including packaging, and text it to you. FedEx is always more expensive so I don't even bother anymore.

Ghostrider was the first to express an interest, then 383MovingViolation then maybe BDF6 or he just may be watching.

I understand they have added a Christmas surcharge until after the holidays. So, if you want the starter and wish to wait until then to ship it that's fine, too.

Send me a PM if you want it.

Roger

I'm good, move it along to 383MV! Thanks though! Merry Christmas.

Just curious as to what it was, thanks.

Auto Transport Service
Back