• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B body bench seat install

Go Fly

Local time
8:01 AM
Reaction score
This should be an easy one but I installed a new AMD full floor pan and didn’t think to take seat mount measurements. The holes in the pan are a few inches too wide from the seat rail studs. Front and back looks good.

AMD says there pans are set up for buckets. Anyone have layout dimensions for a bench? The car is a 68 Coronet, thanks

Hmmm ... when I switched from bench to buckets all I had to do was drill the inner holes ... which were already indexed by the factory with punch marks. So ... that means the outer holes are the same for bench or buckets. Mine's a '69 Plymouth but the pans should be the same.

image.jpg
image.jpg
Can anyone with their bench out snap some dimensions on hole locations?

Have a funny feeling the AMD pan needs holes drilled into it for a bench?

Does this photo help at all? You may need to copy it so you can zoom in on the holes in the brackets.

IMG_1584.JPG

Maybe that's not an original bench seat ?!?!?

The interior is out of the same year Coronet 68. Rear fits perfectly, seatbelts correct year on the tag, front side to side seems to fit the width. In the pic it’s slid over some towards the pass side. The guy I got the interior from is restomoding and saw the car it came out of. It’s definitely a 68 Coronet. Not that doesn’t guarantee it’s 100 percent correct.

Stanton, thank you!!

Brain Fa-t!

Yes the brackets under the pan. Once I drill through the floor pan looks like the right pattern. I am getting to the end of the build and replaced almost every piece with AMD stuff and the obvious got me. I am assuming the holes in the brackets are where the bench studs go?
Thanks

I am assuming the holes in the brackets are where the bench studs go?

The brackets have two holes each. In my '69 RR both the bench and the buckets use the outer holes. Maybe Dodges used a different seat frame ?!?

Seat installed, amazing the brackets lined up perfectly!

Thanks for the kick in the brain!

Auto Transport Service
Back