• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad Mail Order Starter

RRDon

Local time
11:56 PM
Reaction score
Purchased a new lite-weight starter from MoparOnlinePerformance for around $250. It took a very long time before it finally arrived. There was no paperwork at all in the shipping box. When I got it, it was obvious the box inside the box which contained the starter had been opened and resealed multiple times (not a good sign). I tested the starter and it was, of course, bad. I also took it to a shop and they confirmed it was bad.
Finally found a way to contact MoparOnlinePerformance and went through an extensive back and forth trying to make arrangements to return it. I returned it but it took a long time for them to acknowledge the return. Well, to make a long story a bit shorter, this all happened last summer (Aug) and I still haven't got my money back. A very frustrating experience to say the least!
Note: MoparOnlinePerformance is a multi-level 'Resaler' out of New York. Totally web based, no actual physical address, store or products. Just thought you guys should be made aware.

I scratched them off my list of sellers awhile back. Before I got my B I was building a 79 Warlock and tried ordering some parts from them. After about 2 weeks of no update I contacted them and they informed me that the parts no longer exist in their inventory. Luckily they never charged me but it was still frustrating that there was absolutely zero communication that my order would not be processed. If you used a credit card or paypal I would just dispute it through them as MOP dosent seem to care about customer service.

Good information and another reason to deal with Summit and Jegs. Great communication and EASY returns...

I use Mancini and Summit almost exclusively for mail order. Plus two local jobber parts stores. Price should not be the most important reason to buy form somewhere. If it's cheaper than everywhere else, there are reasons and it's never because you're getting more or the same return on the investment.

Auto Transport Service
Back