• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE Bronze brake and clutch bushings **New**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valiantone

Local time
1:41 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hey All.

I have been making new bronze brake and clutch pedal bushings for a while now. There is a post over in the Brakes thread at fabo New bronze clutch and brake pedal bushings where I outline the process and have pics and some testimonials etc.

So far I only make them for the standard size brake bushings (.812 ID) and not the HD set up which is 1 inch in dia. If there are people who need the HD set up I can turn some out.

The prices are $30 per set for the brake bushings (2 pieces) and $25 per set for the clutch bushings (2 pieces), or if you need both brake and clutch it is $55 (4 pieces) + shipping and any Paypal fees.

These bushings make for an awesome brake and clutch feel, and will last forever!

I just finished a batch of each and they are ready to ship.

Thanks,

Chris E., Valiantone

Brake Bushings1.jpg
Brake Bushings2.jpg
Clutch Bushings1.jpg
Clutch Bushings2.jpg

Guys these are the bomb diggity. I used em on my clutch n brake assy. They fit perfect. Mine were slant 6 pedals being used on a 360 4 speed conversion.

Heres a plus too. Only the high perf model stick shift cars came with needle bearings for the clutch pedal pivot to deal with the high clamping force of the clutch putting a higher load on the pedal pivot shaft.

A heavy duty clutch with light duty nylon bushings will overstress nylon clutch bushings to failure in a short time. This is why the factory went with needle bearings on the performance clutch pedal pivots. Chances of finding one of those fancy factory needle bearing setups are nil now. Plus forget finding all the pieces to build one of those up, all the diameters are different than the nylon bushing setups.

However by using these bronse bushings in place of the nylon ones on your 4 speed conversion which more than likely uses more commonly found pedals from a slant 6 or 318. You are upgrading to a heavier duty toughness similar to those heavy duty needle bearing pedal setups the factory made long ago.

Many people think about everything else regarding a heavy duty clutch, but not the pedal pivot point under the dash.

20160604_151654.jpeg

No problem Chris. If i can help get these out there, its worth a few minutes of typing. I love it when somebody comes up with great ideas like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back