• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Choke heater for a 383 4bbl and a Carter AVS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeepBeepRR

Local time
12:38 AM
Reaction score
I recently got a carb and it has a choke heater on it. But its not for the 383 4bbl. I would trade the 440 style in perfect shape for a 383 style. Or if cheap enough buy the correct one.

The carb has this style on it.

1225S-NOS-wl.gif

I need this style

s-l1600.jpg

Here is a picture of the intake with the flat version installed. The cup is in there but if I take the cup out it will leave gaps around the heater. Also the heater spring bottoms out in the cup using this version. But while looking all over the web, every one I have found for a 383/440 4bbl looks like the top one. The 383 2bbl looks like the lower one.

IMG_1010[1].JPG

What year are you working on? The "rounder" style looks like '70 up? Before that they were all the same that I remember, 2-4bbl or cubes shouldn't make a difference. Well maybe the choke rod for 2bbl.

Its a 69 engine but its a late 69 cast date.. So assume its a 70. But the intake is not original to the engine. I need to get the casting numbers from it to get the date nailed down. But i think it is a late 69 early 70 as well. The intake already has the cup in it. So thats what made me think it needed the same style that chignikred posted. Which I believe is the correct one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back