• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FRont and Rear Bumper Installation oin 67 Charger

Dean Prevolos

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:25 AM
Reaction score
I want to know what is the best way to re-install my bumpers and brackets? Should I install the brackets onto the car frame and then install the bumper or does it make sense to install the brackets onto the bumper and install as one unit?

I removed years ago when I started my restoration and removed the bumper first and then the brackets. Just thought I'd ask before I start the process. Thanks in advance.

If you have 2 people putting the brackets on the bumper first might be a bit easier.

I put the brackets on the car first and didn't tighten all the way.
Leave them fully forward and then bolt the bumper on.
I was able to do it myself just using a jackstand under one side of the bumper.

Used the wife to guide it in on one side and to sit on the brackets. Then she held it in place while I threaded in a couple of bolts.

Thanks for both comments. When I removed the bumpers by myself, I set jack stands under the bumper to hold it in place while I removed the brackets. When I was laying out my newly rechromed bumpers and bolts, I forgot how light the bumpers really are, and it gave me the idea to install the brackets first, as you both mentioned and then have the wife hold one end of the bumper while I fasten. I guess that is what I will do. I'll post a finished photo.

I installed the rear bumper yesterday. I put the brackets on first and then fastened the bumper to the bracket. I installed the bumper guards first to hold the bumper onto the brackets and then I installed the bumper bolts to each end. Once hand tightened , I lined everything up and tightened the nuts. Looks good, now I have to do the front bumper.

Rear Bumper .jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back