• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Galen Govier - No more orders

moparfanUSA

Local time
3:41 AM
Reaction score
Spoke with Diane there, she is leaving after 15 years, so he will not take on anymore of anything for at least 8 months to a year, I missed getting in by about a month.
It really sucks that only 1 person holds all that power. I was really hoping to try and get into the registry.

Wow, I guess he doesn't need the money now...LOL... if they are shut down for 8 months to a year & not excepting orders, you would think if they were that busy, they would hire some more help, if they have a 1 year back log... JMHO I haven't used his service for 15+ years now anyway.... Try the Chrysler Hamatrack Historical archives maybe... There are other sources on the net & forums like this, that will give you the information free.....

Surprise surprise!!!! :angryfire:It must have got to hot in the Moparts kitchen board and now she's leaving. and Galen Govier now has to pick up all the pieces!:ufo::knob: I think he probably needs a new career now after the **** slaming he got on the other board!:icon_fU:

Yep

Surprise surprise!!!! :angryfire:It must have got to hot in the Moparts kitchen board and now she's leaving. and Galen Govier now has to pick up all the pieces!:ufo::knob: I think he probably needs a new career now after the **** slaming he got on the other board!:icon_fU:

Yep that was a debacle, I read a bunch of them posted on another forum, I don't go over there much if at all, any longer, way too many pissing contests on that forum....

She really does not want to leave, sounds like she is being forced out.
I know I could be wrong, but for the back log and the kind of money he is charging, yes you would think with all the people out of work that he could hire someone for $10-12 an hour just to help out. But since he is in such demand, he can tell everyone to go fly a kite and pick what he wants to do.
I'm sure he is getting up there in age, there has to be someone who will take it over for him when he stops doing it, but they need to be trained.
Sad state of affairs indeed.

This is devastating. A huge hole in our Mopar Hobby. No I can remove the rusty hose clamp holding the Sun-Tach on the column. It was there just for Galen. :icon_wink:

She really does not want to leave, sounds like she is being forced out.
I know I could be wrong, but for the back log and the kind of money he is charging, yes you would think with all the people out of work that he could hire someone for $10-12 an hour just to help out. But since he is in such demand, he can tell everyone to go fly a kite and pick what he wants to do.
I'm sure he is getting up there in age, there has to be someone who will take it over for him when he stops doing it, but they need to be trained.
Sad state of affairs indeed.

Press Release: GG has doubled his rates, outsourced the business to Uzbekistan, and hired Peggy to manage it.

GG said something about the toilets are cleaner over there.

Press Release: GG has doubled his rates, outsourced the business to Uzbekistan, and hired Peggy to manage it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..............BAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA...( takes a breath) ......haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....OMGGGGGGGGG...BAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

That was the best! Gave me the laugh of the day, Hey Peggy, can you do a fender tag for me!

That Peggy reference is some funny stuff there...LOL...., is that his new secretary ?

Guess I'm lucky, last time I talked to him was 1992 and then you could call, talk to him personally, and he actually seemed interested.

I should count myself lucky. I ordered my fender tag decode last June. After four months I really started to bug Diane and told her I was tired of the excuses. I had my paperwork signed by Galen by the end of the week!

i remember that guy in the late 80s before he thought he knew so much and before the market went nuts. he was actually a nice guy to talk to. then he decided to start trying to make a living at charging ridiculas prices for his services . i take all my decoding and fender tag needs elsewhere. i would never pay for his help.

yes he should hire peggy :grin::grin:

Attachments

• GalensBackloglol.jpg
    GalensBackloglol.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 8,537
In case anyone thought it was a prank, here's a note from the front page of his website.

Back in the early '80s he decoded my GTX's broadcast sheet for free as a courtesy to fellow members of the now defunct Mopar Muscle Club International.

I would say he probably has a few lawyers knocking at his door from the way he has taken people's money and never gave them anything to show for it. I have never owned a Mopar worth the "paperwork" and I really could care less about it it's all about driving them to me personally and some I can see where paperwork counts, Galen needs to take a break and re-organize his crap, sounds to me he got a little comfortable in his situation being "the one" and that leads to sloppy, lazy, "My farts don't stink as bad as yours" mentallity.

no more orders

Its always about the money :icon_study:

Guess I never got to know the nice Galen. Met him in '97 and was an asshole then. Was trying to find my Dad's 70 Cuda. Didn't give a **** wasn't Hemi. Then ordered some books in '01 for reference,figured maybe give a second chance. Then 3 wks later no books. Told by him "I'm busy it'd be 2 more weeks." Told him I'm not busy,be there in 2 hours for my money or books. They shipped that afternoon. Huh?

Auto Transport Service
Back