• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good bye highway gears. Hello 3.55

, I have a 4.10 Dana 60 in my 70 Charger R/T SE, it's a 4 speed car too. I will be going with some kind of overdrive transmission. I am leaning towards the A855 5 speed transmission. The car will have a 472 dual quad Fitech fuel injected Hemi in it.
I probably wouldn’t want to cut the floor up on that original 4-speed car either but I have no regret doing so on my car. My Close ratio T-56 Magnum is awesome. If I ever blow this engine up I’ll probably do a Ray Barton Efi Hemi of some sorts.

There’s no sense in being scared! I’ve got my rev limiter set at 6k RPM. The highest I ever hit it was at 5800. So im
Not for sure what my RPM was at.

IMG_2366.jpeg

Yesterday afternoon my much awaited delivery arrived from Strange Engineering! A big heavy, beautiful 3.54 Dana 60 year axle for the 71 Charger R/T!

20240521_210136.jpg

I think 3.55’s are a good all-around gear ratio for a weekend cruiser. I have a 3.55 Sure Grip in my ‘58 Apache, acceleration is decent and I’m not afraid to jump on the highway and keep up with the flow of traffic.

Auto Transport Service
Back