• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

good ignition set up for 440

evanbrendel

Local time
11:14 PM
Reaction score
i have a msd distributer 6al box and blaster coil and i hate looking at that box so im going to remove the msd set up and eather put a points set up or mopar electronic set up. abone stock internals 440 with headers and m1 single plane intake wich will eventual be switched out with a better street intake for a stock motor. any opinions on wich ignition set up to use?

I would definetely go towards the mopar electronic setup as points are a pain in the arse.

The most cost effective way to run the factory electronic is to get a distributor from the parts store (about $40) a Standard Ignition brand LX-101 box, and the wiring harness from Mopar. You'll (probably) have less than $100 in it total instead of over $200 for the kit

Or snatch a points type dizzy and convert it with a Pertronix Ignitor. Cheap-n-easy.

Just like my ex-wife.

I use the pertronix ignitor II. It fits under the stock cap and converts the points style to electronic. Its super easy to hook up and looks stock other than the 2 wires instead of one.

Auto Transport Service
Back