• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grammy Salute to Music Legends 2017

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
12:22 PM
Reaction score
Anybody watch the show on PBS last night? I tuned in late but was impressed.

I started when Shirley Ceaser belted out a gospel classic. It was very inspirational when she talked about her mother and seeing her loved ones again in heaven.

I also loved Charlie Pride singing Kiss An Angel Good Morning. It sounded as good as the original radio version.

The tribute to Sly and The Family Stone was very well done. Sly couldn't make it to the awards and his daughter accepted his award.

If you haven't seen it it will probably air again. Or you can catch it online at www.pbs.org.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/gperf/

Great Performances
Grammy Salute to Music Legends 2017 #4206
Friday, October 13, 08:00 pm on OETA-HD

Duration: 1:56:46

Description: Salute Shirley Caesar, Ahmad Jamal, Charley Pride, Jimmie Rodgers, Nina Simone, Sly Stone, Velvet Underground and more, with Dionne Warwick, Andra Day, Kirk Franklin, Randy Newman, Dwight Yoakam, Charlie Wilson, Valerie Simpson and Vernon Reid.

I missed the first part. Tuned in when Dwight Yoakum was playing, and watched and enjoyed the rest. Couple songs even somewhat highlighted Paul Shaffer's backing band. The bass player was awesome. You are right about Shirley Ceasar. There was also a singer on just before she took stage, that I would love to hear more from. Girl could sing !!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back