• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headliner bows

Chargerjase

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:56 AM
Reaction score
I'm in the process of buying a new headliner for my car. (1973 Dodge Charger SE). I work away and am currently not near my car to check myself. Can anybody please tell me how many bows are used for this model? I don't want to tell them the wrong info and have an expensive mistake on my hands. Many thanks for your help.

:usflag:I have 2 73 Chargers and 1 74 SE Charger in my yard .
All 3 cars have 4 bows.
Just in case anyone is wondering
71 and 72 Chargers came with 5.
Same principle applied on Satellite and Roadrunner and GTX
71/72 had 5
73/74 had 4

Actually 71-2 SSP , GTX, Charger R/T and 500 and others with the Decor interior have 6 bows.
71-2 base line and 73-4 have 4.
Have owned well over 30 71-4 B's and never one with 5 bows. Have two 71's and a 72 right now with 6 bows.
Also this is one more part that the reproduction companies have the application totally screwed up for all bodies, A, B and E. Difference in 70-down versa 71-up. Number of bows. Etc.

Hey Mark I've heard good things bout ya. That said I've got this too add.
From one well known member to another.
Never fails that every time I see a member asking a question that no one seems to have the balls to step up and answer. I've only truely known what I BELEIVED to be the correct answer TWICE and both times someone such as yourself has stepped from the shadows and spewed their " I'm the great and powerful OZ of MOPAR WISDOM" and attempted to set the record straight....
Where were u when NO ONE was offering their knowledge??
But oh I forget your the only one here that's ever owned anything made by DODGE PLYMOUTH OR CHRYSLER.!! LOL
Even in your 2 cents worth your NOT attempting to help the member your too busy trying to prove me wrong?? This is not my thread this is the members thread. Get it?
I have 14 of these beautiful Mopar's in my yard and whether I'm right or wrong I went and checked what I have before I answered his thread
P.S.
I bet your one of those sad few that think 73/74 B Bodys all take the same K members despite whether they were born with a Big block or a small block!!! LOL sure u can add an oil filter relocation kit and change the pan. But I don't build that kind of crap.
Anyhow this has been fun.

Gentlemen, thanks so much for you help. I really don't want to get this wrong. I did look at my FSM however it is very unclear on this particular subject.

if you listened to the butt hurt know it all with 5 bows
you will get it wrong.
what he doesn't grasp is not everyone on here reads every thread 24/7
so it can take time to get a correct answer that Mark provided.
ps
the 4 71's B bodies that i have, had 6 bows in them.

Yep... four bows and you need those two hooks that connect the last bow to the window frame. Without those it's damn hard to install a headliner.

Auto Transport Service
Back