• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi hood scoop rods, Where to buy?

Orange71SE

Local time
7:46 AM
Reaction score
image.jpg
I was wondering where do I buy the rods that hold the hemi hood scoop in the center . I will attach a pic to show what I'm asking for

You might consider buying 316 SS 1/4" round tube stock, then cut to fit and tap the threads. Every scoop and hood combination is potentially slightly different so off-the-shelf might not be available.

I mocked up the exact length by cutting a pencil and propping the 2 pieces in place. Stand back and look at it from different angles, comparing to photos such as the one above.

Once you have the location, then drill holes. A final trip to the hardware store to get the washers and screws and you are all set.

Last edited:
I've used chrome plated or stainless tubing from the plumbing areas of the local hardware, to cover the 1/4-20 studs I've used.

Hey, You know that chrome pipe that goes from the floor to the back of your toilet? You can use that. Your ole lady won't miss it.

Auto Transport Service
Back