• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I heart '70 Coronets.

Mr Gorsky

Local time
5:13 PM
Reaction score
I dunno.
They're weird lookin' beasts.
I have no room in my garage.....unless my wife's car gets punted onto the street!
Anyone else here similarly afflicted?

70coronet.jpg

Diddo
I think the C-Stripe is the coolest striping in the entire Mopar arsenal.
My 70 is a beautiful car IMO.

As far as R/Ts go I prefer the 69 vert

But 68-70 Coronets are my favorite Mopars.

I would love to own that car above either way. Is buy it if you had the chance. 70 R/Ts are the least common

A little of that period Charger coke bottle hip, with the unique front bumper.....fantastic.

Funny, I've never really looked at this model before. I really know nothing about these cars...please educate me!

A little of that period Charger coke bottle hip, with the unique front bumper.....fantastic.

Funny, I've never really looked at this model before. I really know nothing about these cars...please educate me!
One year only design.
Can be difficult to find parts for.
There are people like us that love them, while other people hate them so much you would swear that Somebody in a 70 Superbee stole their woman and their dog.

Great thread!

One year only design.
Can be difficult to find parts for....

Just been going through the photo garages here, not many 70 Coronet albums....did see yours though!

In particular, what parts are hard to find? I guess the hood and bumpers would be difficult to source...taillight lenses?

I love the 70' Coronet & Super bee. I have never owned one but have always wanted one. I have always had Chargers & Challengers. I will get one some day. It is a love it or hate it design. Most people hate it.

The 500's got the simulated chrome side scoop, the R/T's got the R/T scoop and the Super Bee got nothing? Rallye dash R/T only, so I've found.

C stripes available on both R/T and Super Bee? Much to learn.....:)

I love the 70' Coronet & Super bee. I have never owned one but have always wanted one. I have always had Chargers & Challengers. I will get one some day. It is a love it or hate it design. Most people hate it.

When I find something I'm interested in, I like to learn all I can as soon as I can. I have figured this much out.....'70 down Chargers cost an arm and a leg. Coronets haven't really taken off yet.

I'm guessing these one year only Coronets didn't set the world on fire, so there wouldn't be all that many around. At some point the penny will drop and people will catch on.

A member had this brochure posted in his album. I haven't come across any pics of 1970 Coronet R/T's with the red trim around the grille. The red didn't make it onto the production cars??

The R/T badge on the side scoop appears to sit proud while I've seen pics where it's recessed into the scoop??

i10430-jpg.jpg

When I find something I'm interested in, I like to learn all I can as soon as I can. I have figured this much out.....'70 down Chargers cost an arm and a leg. Coronets haven't really taken off yet.

I'm guessing these one year only Coronets didn't set the world on fire, so there wouldn't be all that many around. At some point the penny will drop and people will catch on.

I like how the front looks better on the Coronet R/T's with the solid body color divider between the bumper where as the Super has a chrome lower portion.

Always kinda dug the 'bug-eye' front end...you just don't see many of them

Auto Transport Service
Back