• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is 72 and 73 charger headlight buckets the same?

camoman22

Local time
10:43 PM
Reaction score
just added hidden headlights to my 73 charger. I want to tuck the bumper and remove the filler strip for a cleaner look but the headlights are to far out. I thought I read that if I use 71 72 buckets i can make this happen. Can someone help?

I know the buckets on hidden headlight cars are different because of door clearance.

Bot sure what exactly is different though.

You need the buckets off a 71 or 72 hideaway headlight car.
Hideaway buckets are shorter than those on standard grille equipped vehicles.

Shorter in depth (front to back), or shorter top to bottom?

all 71/74 headlight buckets are the same but the concelead headlamps which are shorter ( front to back ) for door clearence ALTHOUTGH has being prooven the regulars also work.

Lot of ppl has removed bumper fillers closing the bumper to body gap and so far untill now nobody has changed the headlight buckets ( which BTW the shorter ones are allmost imposible to find ) neither reported any fitment issue. Simply the headlight fillers will fit deeper into the headlight assembly. This is a problem just if headlight fillers are hardened and already shrunken.

you can cut them though.

or wait for the repro ones Classic industries has on their website as COMING SOON... SINCE 8 MONTHS AGO!!!

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back