• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Limerick Transmission - WARNING

ToMang07

Local time
7:52 AM
Reaction score
Be warned:

December 2015 I had them rebuild my transmission. (2002 F350 4x4 Diesel 4r100) Told them I wanted the upgraded clutch packs, valve bodies, torque converter, synthetic fluid, etc. Paid just south of $3,000.

Shortly thereafter my brother's 2004 F150 4x4 5.4L tranny went. We had no reason to avoid the scumbags at Limerick yet, so my brother took his truck there. Long story short, they unsuccessfully rebuild his transmission 2x, and bought a junkyard transmission which also got rebuilt 2x before the truck was driveable. In that period (6 MONTHS) my brother ended up buying another truck, and sold the 04 F150 to some poor soul.

Well, last month, under 2 years and less than 20k miles the transmission in my F350 crapped out. Sensing that they would try to screw with me, I checked the fluid level before I brought it to them, and VIDEO RECORDED IT. Found my warranty paperwork (3-year/36k miles) and brought it to them. They took it for a test drive, and assured me "no problem, it will be covered under warranty." 2 weeks later they call me to let me know it was "3 quarts low and will not be covered." I told them that is bullshit, I checked it, video recorded myself checking it, and they were lying. They then decided to say it was leaking fluid. It was not. They then said the owner was out of state on vacation. He may be, but I doubt it. I told them that I will take them to court if they don't fix it at which time the argument became heated and I ended up hanging up on them.

AVOID THESE SCUMBAGS!!!!!!

Limerick Transmission
63 Washington St
Limerick, ME 04048
(207) 793-2147

Well that sucks, sorry to hear that. I don't plan on being in Maine anytime soon, but I'll keep that under advisement.

I figure if this helps one person.... it's worth it. Chances are it won't, but I wish I had some reviews on them BEFORE I gave my (and my brother's) business to them.

Well that sucks, sorry to hear that. I don't plan on being in Maine anytime soon, but I'll keep that under advisement.
It's not a Maine thing...you can bet it's a "FORD" thing....

I hear no mention of an upgraded cooler. Tsk tsk...heat is the killer...

I had something similar with a trans shop. The newer trans fluid and antifreeze will not mix into a milkshake type like the older cars. Very hard to tell if the cooler is bad. Was your truck loosing coolant?

Sad story. I hope you’re planning on taking further steps on this. I just ran into a problem of a different nature from a company in Florida. After countless phone calls and emails - and getting repeatedly blown off. I told them I was in contact with the Florida Attorney Generals office and would be filing an investigation claim with others. Within 2 days I had the CEO and a VP on a conference call and they returned my $3000 forthwith. It pays to hit the right buttons with these cheaters.

Slow down people, don't be so quick to dump on the shop owner...Trucks up here in Maine get ******* HAMMERED on a daily basis...Hauling equipment, going muddin with all of your drunk pals, plowing HUGE snow storms, pulling your other stuck plow pals out, burn-out contests, driving thru the swamp, firewood duty, sanding driveways, towing junk to the scrapyard and the classic tug-o-war contests combined with truck pulls at all the local fairs....don't tell me its always the shop owners fault...Trust me, up here, most of these events can happen in the same day.

“Can happen” is different than “did” happen......
Come visit, rednecks aren't only limited to the south...we know how to kill it up here too......Youtube mud runs and truck pulls, 75% Maine plates.

If there’s nude women mud wrestling, I’m in!
Nope, Maine is not known for its physical quality of women, but if you need a moose gutted or an oil change, most of them can handle that!

Be warned:

December 2015 I had them rebuild my transmission. (2002 F350 4x4 Diesel 4r100) Told them I wanted the upgraded clutch packs, valve bodies, torque converter, synthetic fluid, etc. Paid just south of $3,000.

Shortly thereafter my brother's 2004 F150 4x4 5.4L tranny went. We had no reason to avoid the scumbags at Limerick yet, so my brother took his truck there. Long story short, they unsuccessfully rebuild his transmission 2x, and bought a junkyard transmission which also got rebuilt 2x before the truck was driveable. In that period (6 MONTHS) my brother ended up buying another truck, and sold the 04 F150 to some poor soul.

Well, last month, under 2 years and less than 20k miles the transmission in my F350 crapped out. Sensing that they would try to screw with me, I checked the fluid level before I brought it to them, and VIDEO RECORDED IT. Found my warranty paperwork (3-year/36k miles) and brought it to them. They took it for a test drive, and assured me "no problem, it will be covered under warranty." 2 weeks later they call me to let me know it was "3 quarts low and will not be covered." I told them that is bullshit, I checked it, video recorded myself checking it, and they were lying. They then decided to say it was leaking fluid. It was not. They then said the owner was out of state on vacation. He may be, but I doubt it. I told them that I will take them to court if they don't fix it at which time the argument became heated and I ended up hanging up on them.

AVOID THESE SCUMBAGS!!!!!!

Limerick Transmission
63 Washington St
Limerick, ME 04048
(207) 793-2147

Have you complained to the Maine DMV. In Ct the DMV looks into complaints , they can yank there license .

Sad story. I hope you’re planning on taking further steps on this. I just ran into a problem of a different nature from a company in Florida. After countless phone calls and emails - and getting repeatedly blown off. I told them I was in contact with the Florida Attorney Generals office and would be filing an investigation claim with others. Within 2 days I had the CEO and a VP on a conference call and they returned my $3000 forthwith. It pays to hit the right buttons with these cheaters.

Contacted BBB and the AG, AG said they can "mediate" but other than accepting a complaint, they can't help in court. The owner won't even contact me direct. Picked it up yesterday, argued for them for over 20 minutes after asking for my keys 4-5 times. They wanted to "work with me" on fixing it. I told them to get bent, I wouldn't pay them a penny. Warranty it or I'm taking it. I'll see them in court.

Slow down people, don't be so quick to dump on the shop owner...Trucks up here in Maine get ******* HAMMERED on a daily basis...Hauling equipment, going muddin with all of your drunk pals, plowing HUGE snow storms, pulling your other stuck plow pals out, burn-out contests, driving thru the swamp, firewood duty, sanding driveways, towing junk to the scrapyard and the classic tug-o-war contests combined with truck pulls at all the local fairs....don't tell me its always the shop owners fault...Trust me, up here, most of these events can happen in the same day.

Maybe you didn't read the whole first post. The only real "work" my truck does is plowing my own driveway, that's it. I have a car and a bike I drive most of the time. I don't use the truck for work except to get to and from. That's it. it's a low mileage diesel. I paid for an upgraded transmission, the shop charged me an extra $800 for the "upgrades." Took them 4 tries to fix a transmission in a F150.

It's the shop.

Auto Transport Service
Back