• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Master Cylinder part number ? 1970 charger

davek

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:16 AM
Reaction score
I was hoping someone could tell me the part number. Power 10 inch drum brakes all 4 corners. Base 318 charger. Auto store sold me the wrong one. thanks for any help.

I was hoping someone could tell me the part number. Power 10 inch drum brakes all 4 corners. Base 318 charger. Auto store sold me the wrong one. thanks for any
Have you tried Rock Auto? I bought one for my disc/drum but noticed several Mc for various configurations

I was hoping someone could tell me the part number. Power 10 inch drum brakes all 4 corners. Base 318 charger. Auto store sold me the wrong one. thanks for any help.
Do you have the casting number from the one on your car?

Might be able to cross reference the casting number to the part number.

Do you have the casting number from the one on your car?

Might be able to cross reference the casting number to the part number.
No numbers on the old one.

Parts manual shows 2808577 for power drum brakes in 1970.

Also, our very own FBBO member @mobileparts can probably help you out!

these will work

DORMAN M71258 - Brake Master Cylinder ,​

RAYBESTOS MC36221 ,​

Wagner Brake MC71258​

yep I looked their.
Rock auto lists the correct master for your application. So store gave you wrong one, now they don't exist? Take it back and get right one. The only one that won't work for your car is the disc brake master only because it has 1 1/8" bore which is a bit large for drum use.

Auto Transport Service
Back