• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NAPA GOLD FILTERS........... AHHHH NO

Perhaps this will help out with a few buying decisions:

Still Made in USA.com - American-made Products for Home and Family
A well intended and useful link - There has to be much more than this. Another part of the issue may be What does “American Made”mean? I wanted to replace my HVAC system in its entirety last year. I wanted to buy American. I did what research I could but wasn’t really satisfied I was getting the whole story in what I read and what I was told by HVAC contractors. The contractors told me eventually there just weren’t US Mfgrs that made the whole furnace and AC units. Pretty much everyone had some Chinese components in them. So then it boiled down to who had the least critical components coming from there - and of course where were the units put together as well. To me the USA and Canada were acceptable while MX was a bit of a stretch. I know little to nothing about this business - but I do know a good share of the “Top Brands” names. In the end I don’t know that I got the whole truth but thankfully in my area neither one of these units are Uber important. It doesn’t get that cold in the winter - and I can count the times we had the AC on in one hand over 30 years. The ceiling fans are plenty.

BTW - There were zero HVAC mfgrs in this link…….

A well intended and useful link - There has to be much more than this. Another part of the issue may be What does “American Made”mean? I wanted to replace my HVAC system in its entirety last year. I wanted to buy American. I did what research I could but wasn’t really satisfied I was getting the whole story in what I read and what I was told by HVAC contractors. The contractors told me eventually there just weren’t US Mfgrs that made the whole furnace and AC units. Pretty much everyone had some Chinese components in them. So then it boiled down to who had the least critical components coming from there - and of course where were the units put together as well. To me the USA and Canada were acceptable while MX was a bit of a stretch. I know little to nothing about this business - but I do know a good share of the “Top Brands” names. In the end I don’t know that I got the whole truth but thankfully in my area neither one of these units are Uber important. It doesn’t get that cold in the winter - and I can count the times we had the AC on in one hand over 30 years. The ceiling fans are plenty.

BTW - There were zero HVAC mfgrs in this link…….
Got lucky last time I did the homework and bought a replacement heat pump w/inside handler.
That was more than a decade ago, but Trane's stuff was still from here then - and their new type
scroll compressor turned out to be all it was hyped to be, too.
Damn thing is not only fairly efficient but has proven durable, too. Zero issues.

Auto Transport Service
Back