• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Member 64 Belvedere 225 (first car) Toronto

niko

Local time
6:58 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Been reading this forum for a while, about the time I join!
This is my first ever car, it's 1964 4 door Belvedere with a slant six. Put mere 2000 km or so on it so far last year. Originally from under a tree somewhere here in Ontario. Alicia from Alicia's Custom Paints bought it to make her daily driver and got some help reviving it. Floors been somewhat patched, tires bought, new break lines installed, and engine brought back to life! Unfortunately someone drove into the car's rear quarter at a car park and that's when it went onto marketplace for me to buy for cheap. Over the next year I fixed the quarter with Alicia's shop, they hammered it out and blended the colour back in, and 2023 became my first year on the road!
There is a loooot to do still and I don't come from turning wrenches culture AT ALL. So been watching hours and hours of Vice Grip Garage, Sleeper Dude, Dead Dodge Garage, Uncle Tony and more more more.
This years main projects are: making sure drivetrain is all good (putting new wheel cylinders and bearings in next week), trying to conquer the interior water leaks (front is metal rust, trunk is from rear glass leaking), if leaks are fixed cleaning up all the ongoing rust and maybe doing floors. I still got no working temp gauge, so figuring that out. And also have a suspicion (via noise) my valve lash needs adjustin :)
Doing all these jobs myself is hella scary, so wish me good luck and I will be seeing you in the threads here.

IMG_3816.jpg

IMG_6953.jpg

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_6151.PNG

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_6152.PNG

Welcome from the central coast of Cal. Great story and good luck on your adventure.

69367779715__19D7F655-C599-4132-BA93-BE4E3E954010.jpeg

Welcome from the best province, Saskatchewan

Welcome from NJ!

Welcome from Alabama, you can't kill the leaning tower of power. You only improve it.

Welcome from PA!

As far as the work you are planning: look, we all had to start somewhere! Don't be afraid of it, just do some planning, ask some questions (there are lots of knowledgeable folks here at FBBO) and then go for it. You'll make some mistakes, and that's OK. It'll still be way cheaper than paying a local garage to do it.

Best of luck!

Welcome aboard!! Thanks for rescuing another Belvedere! :thumbsup:

Welcome to FBBO

Auto Transport Service
Back