• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newly discovered photo reignites Amelia Earhart conspiracy theory

Pops1967GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:34 AM
Reaction score
A newly unearthed picture from the US national archives has given new credence to a popular theory about the disappearance of pioneering aviator Amelia Earhart.

Amelia Earhart: The Lost Evidence | HISTORY
Rare footage surfaces of Amelia Earhart shortly before she vanished | US news | The Guardian

amelia.jpg
plane.jpg

What do you think?

Last edited:
I saw that on the news this morning. So she crash landed her plane, it's hauled on board a ship & she & her copilot live happily ever after on Gilligan's Island? And of course, the salvage crew & all the witnesses never come forward? I aint buying it.

C19jz5YW8AAlEh1.jpg

amelia_route_map7_06.jpg

In my opinion,
On their "Last Leg" of the journey:
She was definitely on a "Reconnaissance mission" with her Navigator Fred Noonan
This past year I have read numerous books on the So Pacific campaign.
Her flight path was conspicuously similar to Japanese buildup in the So Pac

lae-to-howland-map.jpg

Humans want finite resolution to questions when sometimes no answers exist. A good conspiracy theory helps keep the conversation going.

NONE of the islands in the flight path were under Japanese military control during her flight. That didn't happen until several years later.

The US Gov had several distinct pre-Pearl Harbor signals/sightings w/i 72 hours of the attack to at the very least place the fleet stationed there on alert and/or move some of the fleet out of the harbor. For whatever reasons, we could speculate, this wasn't done as one sighting should have scared the **** out of everyone. And it's a stretch to think AE would be doing any spying or asked to do, conversely the Japanese certainly could have thought she was. The planning to attack the USA didn't happen over the course of months, it was many years. There was a lot of Japanese "activity" in and around the islands AE was in. I think what's been recently reported could have happened; but how will we ever know for sure? I'm still wondering who really killed JFK!

A lot of folks don't know that Earhart was a really shitty pilot. She crashed a LOT of birds from Hawaii to Pittsburgh, and had no business flying over any ocean. Her life has been glamorized so she can be an icon for women, but the truth is she was someone who should have never been left behind the controls of an aircraft.

Never heard this before...but have heard some stories about women drivers though..lol

This photo has actually been authenticated....
I had heard of a rumor 35 years ago that "they" may have been captured and taken prisoner
This looks to be the proof
That has been confirmed as a Lockheed Electra on the barge.

A lot of folks don't know that Earhart was a really shitty pilot. She crashed a LOT of birds from Hawaii to Pittsburgh, and had no business flying over any ocean. Her life has been glamorized so she can be an icon for women, but the truth is she was someone who should have never been left behind the controls of an aircraft.

yeah, I had heard that too Bru;
Out here at Edwards there is a lot of aviation buffs
(We have the famous Pancho Barnes memorial BBQ every year)
Some old timers said Amelia was "backed" by corporate America at the time but Jackie Cochran and Pancho Barnes allegedly were "fearless" and could out fly "men"
(not all but they were supposedly much better pilots than Amelia)
Just saying....

The US Gov had several distinct pre-Pearl Harbor signals/sightings w/i 72 hours of the attack to at the very least place the fleet stationed there on alert and/or move some of the fleet out of the harbor. For whatever reasons, we could speculate, this wasn't done as one sighting should have scared the **** out of everyone. And it's a stretch to think AE would be doing any spying or asked to do, conversely the Japanese certainly could have thought she was. The planning to attack the USA didn't happen over the course of months, it was many years. There was a lot of Japanese "activity" in and around the islands AE was in. I think what's been recently reported could have happened; but how will we ever know for sure? I'm still wondering who really killed JFK!

Ron H.
"We" were expecting a flight of Bombers in from the west Coast that fateful morning
1. RADAR was in it's infancy, very primitive (1941)
2. America was expecting the Japanese attack to take place in Thailand not Pearl Harbor
3. You need to read Samuel Elliot Morrison's "The Rising Sun"

There was a sighting not far from PH a day or so before the attack, I'd have to recheck the time, of a submarine purported to be a Japanese vessel and another what should have been hair raising signal...not a sub some radio interceptions i think...I'm foggy on these details as it's been a couple years...

Yes,
typical for a "recon" plane

Lets un not forget: Col Paul Tibbets (Gen retired/deceased, I met him at Wright-Patt) flew his B-29 unmolested right over Hiroshima
Also, (Major at the time) Major General Charles W. Sweeney flew Bockscar 2 days later right over Nagasaki

I've read too many books to debate this topic.
There is so much ERROR in the reporting of events on December 7th 1941

I'd recommend Pearl Harbor: Final Judgement (2001) It's a bit dry at times but well documented.

In 1944, Secretary of War Henry L. Stimson, knowing that high-ranking members of the military had falsely testified before the various bodies investigating the attack on Pearl Harbor, selected a then-unknown major by the name of Henry C. Clausen to undertake a new investigation. From November 1944 to September 1945, Clausen traveled more than 55,000 miles and interviewed over a hundred U.S. and British Army, Navy, and civilian personnel. He was given the authority to go anywhere and question anyone under oath, from enlisted personnel right up to George C. Marshall, the chief of staff. He ultimately presented an 800 page report to Stimson—a report that revealed a massive operational failure by the United States to use the priceless intelligence signals that it had obtained months before Pearl Harbor. Pearl Harbor is the "final judgement"-the story behind Clausen's investigation and a blistering account of his conclusions.

There's supposed to be a show Sunday night IIRC
about this very subject on Discovery or History channels
I have it set to DVR

Looks to be interesting, I'll watch...
IMO it'd also be nice if there was better "clear" photos etc.
To me it seems that always every proof photo {just like UFO's...LOL}
of any of these conspiratorial or historical & documentary type deals,
are always like my photos of old photos, blurry as all hell...
It could be anyone, but I did see a show the other night
on History or AHC {American Hero Channel} that the photo
of the plane, is the correct dimensions, scenery set behind it,
on a deck {or what ever} on a known ship, for proper scale,
to be the Lockeed's Electra {somewhat rare} plane's proper size
& proper shape in question, fuzzy as all hell none the less...

I'm still wondering who really killed JFK!

:realcrazy: The Cuban's & Mafia colluded :poke:

There was a sighting not far from PH a day or so before the attack, I'd have to recheck the time, of a submarine purported to be a Japanese vessel and another what should have been hair raising signal...not a sub some radio interceptions i think...I'm foggy on these details as it's been a couple years...
IIRC the US Navy sighted/witnessed & shot/they assumed it sank/sunk
by the USS Ward DD-139 @ Dec. 7th 6:37 am just before the attack
they had reported a hit on Japanese mini sub in the con-tower
{it was found/latter confirmed/prooved by Univ. of Hawaii Aug. 2002 in 1300'+ of water}
from a deck-gun on a Destroyer a few miles {5} off Oahu
outside of Pearl Harbor prior to the sneak Air Bombing attack
on Pearl Harbor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_A_Kō-hyōteki-class_submarine

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back