• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Plastic paint

texas69bee

Local time
11:08 PM
Reaction score
I am going to paint the a pillar moldings and kick panels. I bought a can of Herbs black but it looks flat. Is there something wrong with the dye? It seems like to me it should have a sheen. Has anyone used Sem? If so, how did it turn out? A part # would be great!!!

I just finished up using SEM trim black on fiberglass backlight louvers which has just the dull satin look I wanted.

I did have a very minor glitch in that if you look very, very closely you can pick out a few "spider webs" I guess you would call them.

I sanded them away (or at least i thought I did) but when I sprayed two additional coats they either came back or some new ones appeared. After all the hours and hours of hand sanding, i will probably be the only one who notices this almost invisible imperfection. I am very pleased overall (the SEM paint was over a year old).

One word of warning/caution: if the paint discharges a little "splattery" it will smooth out in the end. The last can I sprayed seemed a little "thick" but when it dried (which is very quickly) it was very smooth over the previously 400 grit sanded surface. However, I will also say this paint seems to have very little filler/primer qualities.

DSC00996.JPG DSC00994.JPG DSC00995.JPG DSC00997.JPG

Last edited:
I just finished up using SEM trim black on fiberglass backlight louvers which has just the dull satin look I wanted.

I did have a very minor glitch in that if you look very, very closely you can pick out a few "spider webs" I guess you would call them.

I sanded them away (or at least i thought I did) but when I sprayed two additional coats they either came back or some new ones appeared. After all the hours and hours of hand sanding, i will probably be the only one who notices this almost invisible imperfection. I am very pleased overall (the SEM paint was over a year old).

View attachment 437658 View attachment 437659 View attachment 437660 View attachment 437661
Your part looks great, I'm just not sure that's the sheen needed for the a pillar or kick panel.

For interior parts you want SEM Landau Black. This stuff is awesome.

Auto Transport Service
Back