• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Polara 500 4 Door Hardtop

pola 1964

Local time
12:35 AM
Reaction score
Hello, I am in Germany and started restauration on my Polara 500 4 door. does anyone know how many 4dr where build and where I can buy the B-Pillar end seals?
A picture of the b pillar seals would help also.
Thanks
Hans
11161693_793635140765008_6771754535240469055_o.jpg

Cool car, looks VERY solid....and welcome.

yes, there is no rust and the 361 engine runs very good.

They don't list "four door" production on the Polara 500 like they do on the Dart. So I'm thinking it would be the "sedan" numbers which is 3,345. See if the first three numbers of your VIN isn't 544.....

Also I'm thinking they didn't make the four door '500" model until the latter part of the 1962 production.

Nice one you have there. Im liking the "patina"! :thumbsup:

20170430_110320.jpg

Last edited:
the 544 should be the 4 door hardtop that was introduced one month after introduction of the 62 Polara lineup...

I have read conflicting docs on where the Polara 500s were built..some say only at the Ham facility....khryslerkid...could you relate the three columns of number...of course third is total production...column 1 and column 2 could you define better...thanks

the 544 should be the 4 door hardtop that was introduced one month after introduction of the 62 Polara lineup...

I have read conflicting docs on where the Polara 500s were built..some say only at the Ham facility....khryslerkid...could you relate the three columns of number...of course third is total production...column 1 and column 2 could you define better...thanks

I just read that the four door was introduced in December. As far as which plants, it seems to me there is another one other than Hamtramck. (I believe it was mentioned in one of the '62 tag decode threads on here.)

The first column is for "Weight"
The second column is for "Price"
The third being the "Production"

Reference: Encyclopedia of American Cars
20170430_153304.jpg

Sorry about that.

Last edited:
Way to go Kid ...I had never seen these productions numbers,didn't even think there was any for our cars ! :thumbsup:
I just read that the four door was introduced in December. As far as which plants, it seems to me there is another one other than Hamtramck. (I believe it was mentioned in one of the '62 tag decode threads on here.)

The first column is for "Weight"
The second column is for "Price"
The third being the "Production"

Reference: Encyclopedia of American Cars
View attachment 419118

Sorry about that.

kryslerkid, thanks for defining the column data.....good to know there is some record of 500 production data...I often wonder if the 500 data is confused with only Hamtramck having control over the MAX WEDGE cars..

Auto Transport Service
Back