• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poly want more power ?

Darter6

Local time
4:57 PM
Reaction score
This poly 318 has been stroked and poked and now is at 390 CID. The Chrysler Power Wind Tunnel intake, 650 Edelbrock AVS, a hotter solid cam with a full TTI header and exhaust kit rounds out the package.3.23 gears spin the rear tires and does it with ease.I was very impressed with the performance in this 64 Dodge wagon.Easy can take on and out power a strong 383 and hang with a 440. Sorry for the crappy photos as it was about to rain. I wanted to take it to a park and do a photo shoot but I was lucky I got what I got.Enjoy !

IMG_2722.jpg IMG_2723.jpg IMG_2724.jpg IMG_2707.jpg

Darter6, Could you give a few more details on the internals of the engine? I've got a spare poly going to a machine/engine builder shop tomorrow. To get a clean up and assessment of the engine. Been thinking 350 cu in range because mine is a daily driver and regular street 'n strip racer. Maybe I see a 390 in the near future.
BTW: Gorgeous wagon.
Joel

I was visiting folks back east and the car isn't mine. I 'm not sure if a kit was used but I do believe everything came from POLYSUPERPAC.COM out of Texas

Love this post, I got huge plans for my poly, already has a small cam in it, original gears and transmission in it at the moment, but looking to add more power but not break the bank, any suggestions?

The company I posted can help you. All components can be bought on a individual basis. I went back east for Carlisle last month and we drove it from Pittsburgh to the show.About a 3 hour drive give or take. I am very impressed at how nice that car is.Owner said plans are to do A/C soon.

poly's are strong
put a blower- any kind- on it
I still want the car to be reliable and not too crazy. Would a blower be a good choice for that, and if so would I need new lines, upgrade different parts, etc? or would it still be best to keep it NA?

Well Jorge there is a old saying, You wana go fast ? How much money you got ?

Well Jorge there is a old saying, You wana go fast ? How much money you got ?
well I'm 16 and going back to school in a week, so there is a little problem hahaha of course I am gonna take my time with this build but I am a little on a budget

Auto Transport Service
Back