• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power Source For Electric Choke

DEPENDING of the field is making reference which I guess as everyone of us, meant about the one coming from the RUN circuit (blue wire)

FACTORY FEED THE ELECTRIC CHOKE FROM THE WIRE RUNNING STRAIGHT TO THE ALT FIELD. Making a splice into the run with the plug for the electric asistant control choke. No fuse since the RUN circuit doesn’t get a dedicated fuse.

On a previous reply I posted a simplified diagram I made about how runs the RUN circuit into the engine bay, taken from FSM diagram, where this plug for the assistant was included on 73 if IRC.

On later models, the specific electric source for the choke run throught an oil sender switch to feed the choke just when engine is running, but still coming from RUN circuit.

6046787-choke-jpg.jpg

And once again, how does run the Ign1 (RUN) circuit since this feature was added

complete-bluewire-net-jpg.jpg

And as 72RoadrunnerGTX mentioned previously, the control unit shouldn’t be used on mounted on carb choke units, since is designed for the manifold units… HOWEVER the source for it can be used to feed the mounted on carb units

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back