• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power Steering Box

MLB2021

Local time
8:53 AM
Reaction score
I've been giving some consideration to the Borgeson retrofit power steering box, but it requires shortening the steering shaft itself, which is not something I am really keen on. Whenever I change something on my '67 J-code car I only do it if I can put it back to original, and with the orginal parts.

So, that all being said, I seem to recall reading on the Forum quite some time ago that there is another brand of retrofit box available that requires absolutely no modifications, so true plug 'n play. I can't find the post but does someone happen to recall seeing the post?

All help will be greatly appreciated.

No offense meant but it surprises me when I hear of another person that hasn’t heard…
Bergman Auto Craft sells a swap kit that includes a hybrid type coupler that allows you to install a Borgeson box with no cutting.
Bergman Auto Craft is a sponsor of this site too.
Look him up.

The spline count and shaft size is probably different on the Borgeson unit. I haven't bothered to measure and check.
Yeah, you could collapse the column shaft and just use the U-joint coupler but then you lose the plunge capability of the factory coupler.

Ha....
I wasn't thinking of safety as much as I was thinking of the vibration reduction.

Auto Transport Service
Back