• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre War Truck ID

Dennis H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:06 AM
Reaction score
IMG_0197.JPG
What is this? Brand and model.

Iirc early 30s Ford. They only made that grill 2 model years.
On 2nd thought, that grill might be too long fo a Ford. Hard to tell in the pic.

Was out in Virginia City on my honeymoon back in 96. Loved that place especially the Bucket Of Blood Saloon.

IMG_0198.PNG
Was out in Virginia City on my honeymoon back in 96. Loved that place especially the Bucket Of Blood Saloon.
Did some sudsing there with Darius a few weeks ago. Our Mopars were parked out on Main Street. I usually give my Hot August Nights shirts away, need to know if it goes to a Chevy pal or Ford. Surely it's not a Dodge.

Last edited:
36 dodge or plymouth...tough call from the look on the t-shirt?
36dodge-3912.jpg

Last edited:
Makes me feel guilty for never really recearching prewar trucks. I do know it would not technically be a Dodge. Dodge Brothers or Plymouth Brothers would be a maybe. Anyway finding a all original would be quite a feat. During WWII only the useless were scrapped and new replacement parts were non existent. If something broke it was repaired by salvage or fabricated locally.

Auto Transport Service
Back