• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiator

al383

Local time
5:25 AM
Reaction score
what are the correct # for 1969 superbee 4 spd. radiator, how many different styles were there. Does anyone have pic. I've seen pic. online none good enough to see # Thanks

These are pictures of an original 69 four speed radiator that I had recorded locally.

IMG_20130712_100557 (Small).jpg
IMG_20130712_100620 (Small).jpg
IMG_20130712_133610 (Small).jpg

Do you want a radiator that is identical in appearance with numbers or a drop in "aftermarket"?
If you want an aftermarket check with tech support at Classic Industries.
They have been a big help in getting the correct aftermarket from US Radiaor.
http://www.usradiator.com/dodge-charger-1966-69-v8-bb-radiator.html

Last edited:
Your looking for a 2949053 in a 22 inch or a 2949054 or 55 in a 26 inch. Look at your core support and build tag/sheet to see what it came with. We have cores if your looking for correct numbers.

I personally would not buy another U.S. Radiator, mine was a POS day one. Their customer service is even worst than their quality control. U.S. Radiator has a 90 day warranty and laughed when I called them at 92 days. Mine leaked and the tubes were clogged with solder, cost $100 locally to have fixed.

I would like someone to post pictures of what came in their 69 big block car.

Your looking for a 2949053 in a 22 inch or a 2949054 or 55 in a 26 inch. Look at your core support and build tag/sheet to see what it came with. We have cores if your looking for correct numbers.
thanks a big help

These are pictures of an original 69 four speed radiator that I had recorded locally.

View attachment 343313 View attachment 343314 View attachment 343315

Do you want a radiator that is identical in appearance with numbers or a drop in "aftermarket"?
thanks

View attachment 343313 View attachment 343314 View attachment 343315

It appears to me that what was put in a car may not necessary have been exactly what was on the list.
If it fit might have been the order of the day.
Gee, where has that happened before?

I would also like pic. .

Last edited:
I personally would not buy another U.S. Radiator, mine was a POS day one. Their customer service is even worst than their quality control. U.S. Radiator has a 90 day warranty and laughed when I called them at 92 days. Mine leaked and the tubes were clogged with solder, cost $100 locally to have fixed.
the u.s. radiator i bought split open at the top tank a short time after install. many tubes were soldered shut or pinched off. real crap! a lot of money wasted.

the u.s. radiator i bought split open at the top tank a short time after install. many tubes were soldered shut or pinched off. real crap! a lot of money wasted.
I was lucky I bought mine through Yearone, they paid to have it fixed.

Buy a Glen Ray radiator and get it done right the first time!

Since the topic is radiators. Should I look to upgrade my 22 inch to a 26 inch on a (orig 383) now 440-6 car? Or would a Glen Ray or Alum 22 3 to 4 row work?

Call up Glen Ray and he'll walk you through the decision. I told him my "440" Six Pack engine specs and he catered my 26" factory repop radiator (#2949055) to fit the motor. And not once has my cough "440" ran hot even when idling in traffic. It cruises at a nice 180 degrees (180 tstat, factory shroud and clutch fan), and sitting in traffic might creep to 195. For the life of me I cannot figure out why people flouder with keeping their cars cool.

Since the topic is radiators. Should I look to upgrade my 22 inch to a 26 inch on a (orig 383) now 440-6 car? Or would a Glen Ray or Alum 22 3 to 4 row work?

Was that 2949055 over a thousand dollars like the Glen Ray site quotes?
I certainly hope it was a good radiator if it was that much.
The OP is asking for help with a "correct" radiator?
It appears from the Roseville chart that the "correct" 22 inch radiator for a 69 383 (363 typo?) car with either manual or auto would be 2949053. I do not see that part number on the drop down list at Glen Ray.
Of course, the list on the web site may not be complete.
And for that money I presume they would supply it.
It also appear that only an A/C car would have used the 26 inch radiators. (And the 69 police application 2949052)
I'm guessing that the OP would have to consider cutting his radiator frame for that.
To be clear, my car is a non-A/C car with a 22 inch.
More information about what was actually in other people's cars from the factory would be helpful from an historical perspective.

yes, the Glen Ray was that much, but it works, is a top quality Mopar radiator, fits perfectly. Oh, did I say it works flawlessly.
And I wanted Glen Ray because I want my engine bay to keep looking Mopar.

I'm sure Glen Ray could make a suitable 22"

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back