• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rear tires

vratman

Local time
9:30 AM
Reaction score
I have a 68 roadrunner wanting to know what is the fatest tire I could put in the back without tubbing and back spacing to go along with it any help please

I have a 68 GTX and the biggest tire I could fit in the back w/o messing with stuff was the L60 which is about 9" wide. Then you get a little extra total width when you include the sidewall bulge. The tread width is the 9".

Ran 285 70 15 on 8" rims w/ ss springs with no issues, 31.8 " tall,forget the width, the were plety wide tho

Here's my 275/60/15, 4.5" backspace on an 8" rim....4.75" would have worked, 5" would be too close to the springs.. fits nice but not too much more room in there. A member here Dennis H runs I think a 295/50 safely, look him up there's pics of his. Any bigger you might need to roll the fender lip, and don't go much taller or you run into the hump in the fenderwell structure, depending on how much height your springs will allow. I have the XHD springs which sit me down the way I like in the back, some springs like SS lift up the rear a little more and you can fit a taller profile

20170417_160832.jpg 20170417_164157.jpg 20170417_161213.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back