• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stopped in at the local garage

metaldad

Local time
11:24 PM
Reaction score
picked up the durango, had some front end work done to her. surprised boy2 hasn't killed her yet (3.5 quarts low, oil, no coolant in reservoir)(but, that's another story)
anyways, Mario recommended this place, and now, i bring all 4 vehicles there, for what i can't do.
they always have something special in a bay, this time, a 69(?) fast back 'stang, a 55 bel air, and, if you look closely, a 29 ford in the back bay.
20170828_165211.jpg
20170828_165218.jpg

if it's ok, i'll add updates, as i drive past the place almost daily.

picked up the durango, had some front end work done to her. surprised boy2 hasn't killed her yet (3.5 quarts low, oil, no coolant in reservoir)(but, that's another story)
anyways, Mario recommended this place, and now, i bring all 4 vehicles there, for what i can't do.
they always have something special in a bay, this time, a 69(?) fast back 'stang, a 55 bel air, and, if you look closely, a 29 ford in the back bay.
View attachment 507674 View attachment 507675
if it's ok, i'll add updates, as i drive past the place almost daily.
Think the Mustang is a 70. No quarter scoop dummies like 69's.
Agree, if i owned the chebbie, i wouldn't want a ton & half hovering over it and possibly bleeding fluids on it. Reminds me of a day at the airport, i was working on a Cessna 340's windshields in hangar. Just outside at threshold of hangar was an old Aero Commander 500(non articulating main gear). Two Buddies were working on it doing an annual inspection. Mark had just crawled from under A/C belly & Mike was under wing on leftside between engine nacelle body & fuselage hooking up hydaulic mule into A/C hydraulic system when the left main gear collapsed. Wing came down on Mike's head knocking Him flat to ground. Mark was just drop jaw & shakinging thinking how He just missed being flattened under bird. The mains use heavy assed bunjies to hold the struts over center. Apparently they were weak. **** does happen.

BrownAF1.jpg

that Model A sure looks like it has a 32 grille shell there :rolleyes:

3.5 qt low on oil!
Does it have a leak?

Wonder if the 70 Mustang is a Boss clone or real deal. I like Boss 302's but hate the window shutters & deck wing....effing afterthoughts that do nothing but distract from the lines of the car......fru fru crap.

Wonder if the 70 Mustang is a Boss clone or real deal. I like Boss 302's but hate the window shutters & deck wing....effing afterthoughts that do nothing but distract from the lines of the car......fru fru crap.

Jimi
It's called "Foo Foo"
Anyway, as a kid in 1969, I lioked the look
As a matter of fact, I sold my 69 Boss 302 in 2003 (one of only 1,682 made)
Yup, you are correct, it's a BOSS from the pic
A 1970
Why?
1. The staggered shocks on the 9 inch
2. The 70 only BOSS stripe
3. Its a "Sports roof" , not a fast back body style as there is no dummy air intake on the front of the rear quarter panel up by door handle

They're still working on that Pusstang?? ****, I stopped in there a month ago and he just got it in. Must be doing a major overhaul.

Anyways, glad to hear you're using them, Bob. Good, honest guys over there at Nuts and Volts. And dont let the pics fool you, gents, they take good care of customers' cars there.

I live very close to the Nuts & Volts! They always have a few old cars in the shop or out in the front.

Love the Madiganistan reference too!!

Jimi
It's called "Foo Foo"
Anyway, as a kid in 1969, I lioked the look
As a matter of fact, I sold my 69 Boss 302 in 2003 (one of only 1,682 made)
Yup, you are correct, it's a BOSS from the pic
A 1970
Why?
1. The staggered shocks on the 9 inch
2. The 70 only BOSS stripe
3. Its a "Sports roof" , not a fast back body style as there is no dummy air intake on the front of the rear quarter panel up by door handle
I grew up with both slangs. foo foo,
fru fru.

stopped in again. made an appointment for my service van, front end work.
had a rough superbee in a bay, going thru a complete wire job.
(not a fan of this color for a car)
383, stock manifold, single exhaust.
the owner put the lei around the intake - no reason why.
20170911_135349.jpg 20170911_135407.jpg 20170911_135436.jpg 20170911_135446.jpg 20170911_140105.jpg

stopped in again. made an appointment for my service van, front end work.
had a rough superbee in a bay, going thru a complete wire job.
(not a fan of this color for a car)
383, stock manifold, single exhaust.
the owner put the lei around the intake - no reason why.
View attachment 513613 View attachment 513614 View attachment 513615 View attachment 513616 View attachment 513617
That's a stock manifold? It looks aluminum. Rear valance looks like it was built for dual exhaust at one time.

Auto Transport Service
Back