• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thieves Caught Red (Bloodied) Handed

Car Nut

Local time
11:22 PM
Reaction score
26114516_1695544380508275_3945634459543600392_o.jpg

They wont be doing that again..

Did you do this or someone else? Isn't there a law against something like this, I'm sure there is? At least they won't mess with his stuff anymore!

They won't forget proper gloves next time. (maybe)

Last edited:
That owner should get a medal,
not get in any trouble :thumbsup:,
IMO it's his to do with what he wants

fucken' thwarted that scumbag/thief or multiple thieves

*I'd hope the LEO's also checked all the ER's/Hospitals
for people/the perp/s with those types of finger injuries too...

It's an old idea that I recall from the seventies when stealing stereos from cars was common.
The downside was the blood cleanup from the carpet. :eek:
BTW--todays meth users might just be willing to sell their fingers for the drug if that was a part of the market.:realcrazy:

Seems a little extreme to me, what if it was kids looking for beer or just screwing around? You could cut tendons, cause infection aka lose fingers etc. - over a stupid ******* cooler.

Yeah, a lot of states (if not all) made it illegal to set traps.....

I always liked the idea of traps. But they need to be -live- catch traps along the lines of the "bait car" method for catching car thieves.

Gr
Seems a little extreme to me, what if it was kids looking for beer or just screwing around? You could cut tendons, cause infection etc. - over a stupid ******* cooler.
Only a f-ing idiot would rig up something like this trap. What if the moron who set this forgot or somebody in his family/friends grabbed the cooler. Leave a unattended item out in the open and jury rig it to injure somebody guilty or not describes a small minded jerk just looking for trouble. But hey given the climate of the country today what could one expect

Read a news story years ago where a guy rigged up a shotgun in defense from a repeat house break-in. The next door neighbors young son was killed. (he was the perp). The guy that rigged the trap went to prison for murder.

Read a news story years ago where a guy rigged up a shotgun in defense from a repeat house break-in. The next door neighbors young son was killed. (he was the perp). The guy that rigged the trap went to prison for murder.
If you're talking about the guy in Denver he only got 6 years probation for manslaughter and a $9500 fine

Razor blades......amateur. LOL. Put a 130 Candela fire alarm strobe next to the cooler. Wired to a pressure switch under the cooler and supplied with 24VDC. Move the cooler, the strobe flashes and the perp is blind for awhile. Running around screaming and not knowing where he or she is at. Now the disclaimer. The criminal will have more rights then you and you may get sued or imprisoned. So be smart. Since you can still see, make the evidence disappear.....

I would worry they would come back with a 12 gauge and blow holes in the boat.

Wouldn't it be easier to stow that cooler were it wasn't seen? Boobytraps are not legal and for good reason like a innocent person getting injured or worse. It goes to show a certain mentality of the person setting up a trap rather than safeguarding there property.

When i was a kid there was a old guy in the neighborhood who would yell at us for stuff like a ball going in his yard. He had some hedge bushes and a few times we went through them. We didn't damage his property but we should have not jumped through these bushes and had he mentioned it to my parents i can assure you it would have never happened again.
But the old guy decided to take matters into his own hands and settling the score with some nine and ten year olds rather then going to there parents was what he did.
He took barbed wire and strung it inside those bushes in a way you would not see it. Except that someone did see it and somehow my father found out. The guy was old enough to be my fathers father and my dad was a very old school respectful person but i guess there was something about barbed wire and children that turned a combat veteran off and off he went
He punished me but not before ripping out all that barbed wire and he didn't ask permission and id not advise anyone stop him. He discussed it with the neighbor and that was the end of the problem and we stayed away from the old guys house.
My experience with traps.

Auto Transport Service
Back