• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time to go back to Florida for the summer!

fwi

Local time
8:00 PM
Reaction score
This was taken moments ago in the shade of my patio in AZ :eek:

IMG_0915.JPG

Go to FL to cool off? I always hear it's a dry heat in AZ, it's different... my guess is, when it's hot, it's hot.

Yep, I agree ^^^ the rams are coming out of the mountians here in southern nevada and hang out at a local park for food (lots of grass)and water along with the shade trees.We have as many of 50+ at times.And they say animals are dumb...Oh yeah the thermometer hit 108* on my back porch too.

Go to FL to cool off? I always hear it's a dry heat in AZ, it's different... my guess is, when it's hot, it's hot.

The difference is the constant ocean breeze, humidity yes, but it never gets much above about 90 and there are those wonderful daily thunderstorms, just to cool things off.
About that dry heat, you too can experience it no matter where you are......just turn a hair dryer on to high, point it at your face and enjoy.:thumbsup:

You must have a beach front house because I get no breeze where I'm at! But by all means please come on out but you'll be back to your dry heat quick muggy hot sticky FL. Isn't that great

Have fun back in Florida, stay cool {?}
the bugs & humidity is worse IMO, it is what it is :BangHead:

I do love my A/C, we got to 98* yesterday,
I live in the mountains, it gets to 105*-110* at times...
Time to take a swim or
I shut the garage & open the door to the house
cools off the garage {well insulated, better than the house} to about 80*
when the house is 75* & it's 100* outside

Smiley Too Hot Summer Sun.jpg

It's like this, get in an A/C'd car/truck, :lol:
go to an A/C'd house or business:lol:
my dad lived here for over 40 years with no A/C,
in that heat, he's crazy....

unfortunately my RR doesn't have A/C, oh well

Some people don't mind one & hate the other,
I hate 90% humidity 90* temps, sweating just sitting there
& all that rain, changing shirts & showers twice a day...
But a cool ocean breeze is nice thou :thumbsup:

Nice to have a choice, between the 2 places too :lol:

Last edited:
You must have a beach front house because I get no breeze where I'm at! But by all means please come on out but you'll be back to your dry heat quick muggy hot sticky FL. Isn't that great

I am from Fort Lauderdale originally.

I have a friend that lives near Sarasota and loves the summer weather there. And he moved there from the beach cities area here in SoCal. Enjoy!

83 was the high in Jacksonville yesterday and same today. :)

I think it's funny that so many people think it's blazing hot in Florida. :) Most of our weather comes off either the Gulf of Mexico or the Atlantic and it doesn't spend enough time over land masses to get really hot. We're usually about ten degrees cooler than most of the mid-Atlantic states.

We get warmer sooner, and stay warmer longer, but a summer in Florida is way cooler than one in PA, MD, VA, etc.

I'm near Ocala right now; visiting my father in law and celebrating his 100th Birthday.

Hope to sneak away and go to Big Daddy Don Gartlits MOPAR muesum and get a motorhead fix.

I remember my first trip to the Garlits museum in the late 80s. The garage in the back was full of Hemis, and you could buy a block and heads for $300. They all had some minor flaw that ruled them out from being 3,000HP top fuel engines, but would make great street engines.

This past week has been 95/96* and tying or breaking records.

...and it ain't July or August yet.

Plus the convertible/motorcycle weather is starting to come to a close.

There's about 6 weeks of that per spring and another 6 weeks per fall.

Then it's torrential storms almost every day starting about 3:00 pm and maybe or maybe not continuing all night all summer.

Last year July/Aug, I recorded 109* at my shop, and we had a few days of 100% humidity, with no rain.

But- I've always said I'd rather it be 95* than 5*.

...and I certainly don't miss Ohio winters.

But- I've always said I'd rather it be 95* than 5*.

...and I certainly don't miss Ohio winters.
I agree with you there brother. I'm from Minnesota and don't miss those nasty winters. Although I go up there every year at Christmas to visit family and friends. It was -35* when I flew in there last December. Got to love it - from a distance......

I do miss the snow.

But only about a week of it.

I had a great time at Big Daddy Don Garlits and attended the monthly 'mopar mania' car show in Ocala. Met some really nice Mopar guys and even found two people that had done the Dr Diff front conversion and got some advice (and sympathy).

Found a museum quality 70 GTX that was restored by a one man show to very high standards. When I asked about the manual drums ALL around, the owner admitted that he can't drive it like he wished on streets and had to be extra careful with braking distances.

Another interesting car was a 1959 DeSoto with 81K original miles (and a 1990 purchase price of $1800). The owner had pieced together a Dr Diff front conversion on this car. Paint, interior, trim. etc was factory original.

Finally met a young guy with a flat head 6 Savoy that also had a front disc conversion. He is in process of placing a mild 440 with 727 in this very solid survivor.

Once I get the pictures uploaded I will send a link.

Auto Transport Service
Back