• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

trans brake button on steering wheel?

SUPERSTOCKRACER

Local time
10:28 PM
Reaction score
how do you keep the cord from getting tangled in the steering column when you turn the wheel round and round?
mine got ripped out saturday and had to footbrake the car for a pass which didnt work out too good.

Attachments

• CR500 PICS AND 65 BLACK DODGE POWERGLIDE TRANS 041.jpg
    CR500 PICS AND 65 BLACK DODGE POWERGLIDE TRANS 041.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 8,827
I had the same problem with my two-step, it got all tangled up in my steering wheel, I could hardly turn the wheel. I ended up ripping the cord out right in the staging lanes. Gotta replace the cord over the winter.

Attachments

• IMG_3687 copy.JPG
    IMG_3687 copy.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 845
I had the same problem with my two-step, it got all tangled up in my steering wheel, I could hardly turn the wheel. I ended up ripping the cord out right in the staging lanes. Gotta replace the cord over the winter.

mine too.m newv to using a transbrake so i just put it on the shifter now. heres my solution.

Attachments

• NEW BLACK FUEL HOSES.16 VOLT BATTERY 011.jpg
    NEW BLACK FUEL HOSES.16 VOLT BATTERY 011.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 1,321
  • NEW BLACK FUEL HOSES.16 VOLT BATTERY 012.jpg
    NEW BLACK FUEL HOSES.16 VOLT BATTERY 012.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 1,189
Just put a clutch in it

PROBLEM SOLVED

Last edited:
Can you make the picture bigger?

I can't see what you are talking about.

Sorry no photos, but if you going to use the button on the wheel, you can just leave the appropriate amount, to go lock to lock hanging loose, then zip-tie the rest too the column & out of the way, so it's not winding in the center of the stretchy coil wire I had mine on the wheel like that for years, before finally going to a Lenco with the line lock on the shifter & also tried it {line lock & trans brake button} on the left side of the steering wheel for a while...

Sure did.

Way back in October.

Posted about it on that other board but...oh, that's right..

wow your rockin now,Any passes down the track yet or ever?:jerk:
sorry i dont view the general board, I'm a racer!
Wow,thats awesome, how long did that car take you to do?:edgy:

Chris,

Most guys use the coiled wire and wrap it 2 or 3 times around the column that way it's not hanging but should extend enough so it doesn't pull the wire.

Have you considered using the connection in the steering column for the horn? No wires to wrap around, just use stock brass set up but on steering wheel side connect wire coming out for button and remount on your steering wheel. Then of course you have to reattach your lower wire to "horn" wire out of bottom of column.

You don't have a smooth transition from the steering column collar to the back of the wheel? Is that where the cord is getting caught?

You don't have a smooth transition from the steering column collar to the back of the wheel? Is that where the cord is getting caught?

it caught between the instrument cluster and steering column gap.

I used to have the same problem. When mine ripped out it, the wires touched and activated the trans brake on the return road. Relocated it to the back of the shifter body and worked perfect.

I'm trying it one more time in th steering whaeel but this time,the wore will be away from the open section of the steering wheel. gonna give it a try this weekend/

I put mine at the bottom of my shifter (black button) I let off the button and go up to the shifter and wait for the light BANG wait for the light BANG then wait for the win light. No cord to get tangled, and no accidental hitting the trans brake button. P.S. that turbo shifter is like a secret weapon for mopars.

Attachments

• PICT0621.JPG.jpg
    PICT0621.JPG.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 1,154
Auto Transport Service
Back