• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vacuum/ELB question on my '76 Doba

KingCordoba

Local time
5:54 AM
Reaction score
Now, i know there's a few who dislike Electronic Lean Burn, but i have a 2-part question on just what level of cobbing has happened under my hood... (400-4-bbl, '76 Cordoba) first, the vacuum lines are in a bit of disarray. The distributor vacuum advance and the choke diaphragm are on the 2 rear ports of the carb. The tandem line from the valve on the air cleaner intake, along with the line from the solid state unit, are there, and still tee off the temp sensor that pokes up in the rear of the air cleaner. Off the tee, this was disconnected. So were the electronic plugs from the solid state computer. i've left the choke diaphragm/vacuum advance alone. i connected the line from the tee to manifold vacuum, same tower port feeding the brake booster, i just took off one of the plugs (there were 3). i don't know if the computer and sensors want manifold vacuum, or secondary vacuum. i KNOW the advance wants secondary. Also, there's a couple wires that don't look right, and it's got a 2-blade ballast resistor. i know my memory is failing, but isn't this car supposed to have a 4-blade BR?

i know this may seem a tad vague, and i don't have pics right now, but any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Auto Transport Service
Back