• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vegas Rat Rods

satman72

Local time
8:38 AM
Reaction score
Hey folks. The other day I saw this show on Discovery Channel here in Canada called Vegas Rat Rods. I saw what was the second episode where they put a '64 Dodge cab on a ''96 Dodge pick up to make a ranch truck. Looks like a pretty good show.

Anyone else seen it?

not yet, never heard of it...

never heard of that one yet

I've seen the first 2 episodes and watched the truck episode yesterday. I like the idea I have a definite appreciation for Rat Rods. I find like every car show (or so it seems) the over acting on camera to get noticed is a little bit annoying and would like to see more about the actual cars and fabrication. I really don't care about a bunch of goofs riding around on side-by-side's in the desert (although twiggy isn't too hard on the eyes... good Canadian girl there! lol)

I can also see this show garnering a bit of negative attention from the smoke belching diesels they like to build... doesn't bother or offend me personally but I can imagine there will be some online rants

I like the way the farm truck ended up more to that I really like the hauler they have for their own shop.... That farmer looked like he had a few other treats on that farm that yellow pickup was in decent shape.

Like the rest of the car shows I'll keep watching. I just finally got into Rods n' Wheels too...

Not overly impressed, but in the lead in scenes if you look carefully there is a 68 or 69 Coronet 500 convertible in the cluster of cars parked outside. It's behind a primered old pickup. It's definitely shown in the farm truck episode. Saw it again last night.

Been reruns allot on Velocity {another Discovery Owned Channel}, seen them a few times I also watched the Ranch Truck episode last night, seems these new shows only do like 2-3-4 shows/episodes, then they play reruns of them for a month, then bring back new episodes,
all of them seem to be doing that now...
It's not the best car show, but not the worst either, Twiggy is an interesting gal, eclectic crew for sure...

Not overly impressed, but in the lead in scenes if you look carefully there is a 68 or 69 Coronet 500 convertible in the cluster of cars parked outside. It's behind a primered old pickup. It's definitely shown in the farm truck episode. Saw it again last night.

68 500

image.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_0308.JPG
IMG_0306.JPG
IMG_0325.JPG
IMG_0331.JPG
IMG_0313.JPG
The show is really cool and I went to the "welder up" shop when I was in Vegas. For a lot of those shows it's all fake tv crap but these guys are legit. I walked in and took a look at the cars on display. the owner, Steve Darnell, was there shooting the **** with everyone and I got a chance to chat with him. You could hear the crew working away in the garage. Coolest cars were Steve's rat rod, the 55 Chevy gasser, and the "quit your bitchin" 30 ford with the blown hemi!

Auto Transport Service
Back