• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted..Under the hood pictures of 1964 dodge 440 max wedge

cultphotos

Local time
11:46 AM
Reaction score
Wanted.
Pictures from under the hood of an dodge 440 or 330 max wedge.
For reconstruction this area.
Thx!

CultPhoto;here's one. I'll check out my files and see if there's any more. Yeah,I know it's a Plymouth,but I think all wiring placement and such is the same.

100_0538.jpg

Thx!
So the Battery can stay in the front?
I thought it needs to be relocated in the back due 2 the amount of space left..

Thx!
So the Battery can stay in the front?
I thought it needs to be relocated in the back due 2 the amount of space left..

Oops;my goof-up. That is a "clone" car;real MW cars had the battery in the trunk. To the best of my knowledge;all MW cars in all three years had trunk mounted batteries.

This is the trunk of the Faubel car when I had it;you'll see(I hope) where the hold-down straps are located. One on the flat and one on the angled portion leading down to the trunk floor. The angled one is circled;looks too dark to see the other one. Sorry 'bout that.

dodge07.jpg

Hi,
You don't need to apology bout that!
I thought it was in the trunk because there is no space left.
Thanks you for sharing!

In 62 the battery was in the front.Did they make any max wedges in 64?

wiring

The photo included above gives no clue of wiring pathways for a correct Max car. The route by both hood springs and clip placement is the way to distinguish an oem max car.

Wow...any more shots from the Faubel car?

Oops;my goof-up. That is a "clone" car;real MW cars had the battery in the trunk. To the best of my knowledge;all MW cars in all three years had trunk mounted batteries.

This is the trunk of the Faubel car when I had it;you'll see(I hope) where the hold-down straps are located. One on the flat and one on the angled portion leading down to the trunk floor. The angled one is circled;looks too dark to see the other one. Sorry 'bout that.

dodge07.jpg

In 62 the battery was in the front.Did they make any max wedges in 64?

Wasn't aware of that('62 MW battery placement);thanks for the info! Yep,made 'em in '64;the Faubel car came out of Dodge Main as a 12.5:1 cr,aluminum front end 440 hardtop-damn,I wish I still had that!

Not so. My bud has the first of the 13 63 Sport Fury Max Wedges, and the battery is in the front.

Not so. My bud has the first of the 13 63 Sport Fury Max Wedges, and the battery is in the front.

Seems like they did a little of whatever they felt like that day on the max wedge cars.

Here is what I know. All 62 Max Wedge cars had battery under the hood. The 63's had battery under hood untill about mid year and then they started putting it in the trunk. All aluminum nose cars had trunk battery and they were the only ones to get the Max Wedge scoop from the factory. All 1964 Max Wedges were Stage III cars. And as far as I know all 64's had trunk mounted battery. Hope that helps some. Take a look around this site for some good under hood pics. Go to Finished cars and look at 64 Dodge's. Ron

http://www.moparsbymosher.com/index.htm

Rolling Thunder;you've got a PM about Bud's car...

Thanks for the other info,folks;good stuff to know! Now,where's the pics CultPhoto requested? Engine **** GOOD! No pics BAD!

Cultphoto, I have TONS's of engine shots. Please let me know if you want them and i'll put them online somewhere.

By March 1st '63, ALL Max Wedge cars had the battery in the trunk, with or without the aluminum package. My '63 has a scheduled production date of Feb.14 '63 and it came with the battery up front (sure wish it was built two weeks later:).

Auto Transport Service
Back