• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what ignition is this?

Tori

Local time
6:56 AM
Reaction score
Wondering if any of you can tell me more about this ignition set up. Clearly not the stock points set up.

My guess is late 70's Mopar ignition. Control Module, but not sure what the story is on this coil ? Crapily mounted to the fender with one janky screw thru it's bracket.

Thoughts ?

IMG_5170.JPG

Thanks Poly, any idea of years used for that module ? I may have to replace it, noticed yesterday the epoxy is dripping down the firewall from its backside. (can't try to start the car until i get the column back together)

If this is for the "ratty satty", then I'd suggest you just use a regular old Mopar Performance electronic ignition box.... orange or better (I've "heard" some issues with some of the orange boxes, but I have had no bad experience myself). I'd also suggest a MSD Blaster coil that looks like a stock one & put it back in the stock location....just my 2-cents.

There's "something" about 4-pin & 5-pin Mopar ignition boxes which I don't know too much about, so maybe double check how many pins in your connector and read up on that.

Yep, I'll leave all this alone for now ..... at least until i decide if this motor is staying or going. If it stays, i'll certainly be cleaning up the install of everything at the very least. Looks like garbage now.

And to bring this thread to a close, the unknown coil was Ford part #E3EF12029AA Which fits several Ford 6 cylinders. One being the '86 Ford Aerostar. :wtf:

Auto Transport Service
Back