• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What quarter in 69'

Beekeeper

It’s a disease without a cure!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:31 AM
Reaction score
69' super bee with a 516 build date what quarter of the 69' year would that be? 2nd?

If the model year starts on August 1st...then would it be the 4th quarter?

Yea that's the projected build date on the tag.

A build date sounds easy to confirm but it is not that simple. An original window sticker helps a lot in these regards. However, not everyone has one due to obvious reasons.

So the dates off the FT and BS are "scheduled" build dates which does not equate to "actual" built date. If the FT and BS match or are close than you can estimate it was a day before or a day after.. So 516 would be May 16th....Since builds start in august...

Kiwi is spot on thats the 4th quarter

I'm in. Mine is 5/28 on a 69. Lynch Road. Don't understand projected.

I'm in. Mine is 5/28 on a 69. Lynch Road. Don't understand projected.
Because the car is ordered first prior to being built......Then it has to fall in the line process

Last edited:
The projected date is close enough just want to get the correct seatbelt tags. I was kinda thinking 4 quarter on the month. Are the belts usually dated the quarter prior to the actual
build date of the car? 1969-3

In my view, we are talking about two different components. A car as a whole is a mix of numerous components. Even back in the day, just in time inventory was in place and that is why many vendors to any business provided a build date for these components. In this example, the car was actually assembled in the fourth quarter of the production process. However the component piece, the seat belt assembly, would be dated most probably in the second quarter of 69. The independent suppliers all used different methods of date coding their parts. Look at washer bottles, washer bottle pumps, rear axle tubes, door panels, trunk mats, lower control arms, etc. there is no consistent method of date coding the parts. The one thing that is consistent for the vast majority of the car is that these components will be dated approximately 2 weeks to 12 weeks prior to the schedule build date of the car. And never say never as sometimes items were pushed aside and later used outside of the standard production window.

Thanks Richard,
I did get the labels for the belts with a date code
of 1969-2

Auto Transport Service
Back