• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheel Wednesday

1969 Kelsey Hayes Total Recall or ? . . .

View attachment 1660129
View attachment 1660128
Years ago, I noticed a full set of those wheels, painted black, on an old Ford Econoline van. I talked to the owner, but he had no interest in selling them. A couple of years later this old van pulled into the local NAPA store that one of my Mopar friends owned. I had already told him about these "Recall" wheels. It turns out the fellow I had talked to had died in the interim, and left the van to his nephew, who was now driving it. My NAPA friend talked up a tire and rim swap with the nephew, and got them. The van had a spare tire mounted on the grill with a tire cover on it. Under the tire cover was a 5th. Recall wheel! The guy said his dad worked at a wheel manufacturer in Chatham, Ontario, that produced these rims. When Chrysler cancelled the contract, a lot of these wheels got destroyed, but a few sets rolled out the back door.

'68 R/T needs Hemi sign behind side marker light. Clone?

Only information I have on the R/T are these photos. Wish it were in my garage in any event . . .

Misc Front End (16631) '70 Charger 500 & '68 Hemi Coronet RT.jpg

Misc Front End (16632) '70 Charger 500 & '68 Hemi Coronet RT.jpg
Wheels '68 Dodge Hemi Coronet RT & '70 Dodge Charger 500.jpg

Those would look great...if they weren't black.
My thoughts exactly,
I'm not a big fan of all black wheels or all one color of painted/Powder coated
there needs to be a lil' chrome, a machined wheel or polish surfaces at a min.

opinions will vary, that mine

Auto Transport Service
Back