• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheelhouse tabs - in or out?

Twalker

Local time
2:34 PM
Reaction score
4D7D6D5D-4A1F-4228-8206-72362B3A1D9E.jpeg
hey guys take a look at the photo, should this tab on the inner wheel house be on the inside of the outer wheelhouse or the outside like it is in the photo?? ( 5” inch overlap at the bottom of the middle seam)

here you can clearly see the inner overlaps the outer

DSCF4698.jpg

Awesome, thanks for the picture!

The other thing I think is strange is how the seam between the inner and outer leans in on the top. I never noticed it before but it does seem it’s the way it’s supposed to be.

Anyone have any photos of inside their wheel houses?

They absolutely lean in. If you noticed in my photo there's a bandsaw blade clamped there. That's to give me a straight "level" line around the whole tub to cut for mini tubs. A lot of guys will cut following the seam and then when they make the filler pieces they have to do it in multiple sections because it ends up in a compound shape. Mine is just a dead straight strip and fits perfect.

You can see the "lean" here ... that sawblade is dead nuts vertical !!

DSCF4702.JPG DSCF4700.JPG

They absolutely lean in. If you noticed in my photo there's a bandsaw blade clamped there. That's to give me a straight "level" line around the whole tub to cut for mini tubs. A lot of guys will cut following the seam and then when they make the filler pieces they have to do it in multiple sections because it ends up in a compound shape. Mine is just a dead straight strip and fits perfect.

You can see the "lean" here ... that sawblade is dead nuts vertical !!

View attachment 565169 View attachment 565171

Thanks man very helpful

Auto Transport Service
Back