• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

413 Engine

randys4406

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:09 PM
Reaction score
Looking at a standard bore 413 to buy. Was wondering if there is any demand for them and if pistons are so expensive it makes sense to go to a 440. Thanks for any information.

Looks like you already know the answer. But if you have a use as it is without new pistons and machine work, they are an option. Just depends on how complete it is and if it is a running engine.

Block date is important.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not start a Want To Buy ad?
I think hes saying he has found one....maybe to resell.
Every time i start a wtb ad....well most times.....im not happy with the outcome, usually price.

I have a 1959, 413 in my snow plowing truck! Has a RV cam and std bore. Great low end torque.

I think hes saying he has found one....maybe to resell.
Every time i start a wtb ad....well most times.....im not happy with the outcome, usually price.
I've had a couple of WTB ads where they didn't do to well either but it's better than doing one in the regular forums.....

Custom pistons for a 413 will cost the same as for any other engine using a similar forging.

The RaceTec pistons for my 388 SB were $988 delivered with pins and rings...not cheap but if you want quality open your wallet.

440 bigger bore (better flow), better heads, better intake, cheaper pistons. Unless it's a pure stock high dollar resto the 413 is the loser.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back