• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 satellite pictures???

Pahighlander

Local time
5:28 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Im new here and new to the b-body world. I've had my a-body for 25 years and when I saw this Satellite I had to have it. It is a driver with needing a little TLC which fits my "lack of time" life style pretty good. I has a 426 4 spd in it now and the owner had just bought factory manifolds, intake, carbs, bolts, linkage,cam and exhaust to convert it to cross ram. I am not sure if that is factory correct or not but it will sure look cool. Does anyone have pictures of this style set up that you could post? I would like to try and make it look factory atleast. I am sooooo excited to have a driver since I made my dart into a drag car 12 years ago. Since then I would have to take DADS nova or WIFES mustang to the local car cruises when I wanted to take a car instead of the bike. Thanks again...

Pictures

Ill try to upload some pictures

Attachments

• 100_0578.jpg
    100_0578.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 395
another

some more

Attachments

• 100_0585.jpg
    100_0585.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 414
  • 100_0586.jpg
    100_0586.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 427
  • 100_0589.jpg
    100_0589.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 408
Dart

This is my other car
Ray Barton 528 B1 Motor

Attachments

• 100_0702.jpg
    100_0702.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 417
  • 100_0704.jpg
    100_0704.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 459
Your 65 Satellite

Welcome Pahighlander--Sharp car--only a few 65 Satellite 4-speeds out there. As you're most likely aware, the max wedge (with crossram) ended production in 64 and the biggest available engine for 65 (unless your last name was Sox-Martin, Landy, Lindamood, etc. in which case you could get the race hemi--and even then, not in the Satellite) was the 426 street wedge rated at 365 h.p. I always felt Chrysler turned their back on those of us who wanted something much hotter and so when I had the opportunity, put together what I thought we should have been able to drive out of a Chrys-Plymouth dealership; plus, I like the "WOW" factor when you first open the hood. If you want more details, let me know. Like I said, beautiful 4-speed car--congratulations. Bob L.

Last edited:
That is very nice!! I have the max wedge manifolds for the car. Do you know if they well fit with power steering? Can you send more more detailed pictures of the engine compartment and hood? Thanks again.

Your Satellite's exhaust manifolds.

Hi Lenny,
Your max wedge exhaust manifolds will fit just fine with power steering. I don't have pics of the underside of my hood, but because mine is an RB engine (440 raised block) with a re-pop max wedge intake from A&A Transmission, I had to remove the cross-webbing in order to clear the max wedge air cleaners. If your engine is the original 426 street wedge, yours will clear.
Regards,
Bob

A couple of really nice looking 65s here, and the cross ram looks at home in there even though not available from the factory.

Hi Lenny,
Your max wedge exhaust manifolds will fit just fine with power steering. I don't have pics of the underside of my hood, but because mine is an RB engine (440 raised block) with a re-pop max wedge intake from A&A Transmission, I had to remove the cross-webbing in order to clear the max wedge air cleaners. If your engine is the original 426 street wedge, yours will clear.
Regards,
Bob

The 426 wedge (street or max) shares the same deck height as the 440. If you had to modify your hood to clear the air cleaners on a 440 with a cross ram, the same will need to be done with a 426.

Are you sure the A&A manifold isn't slightly higher than a stock Max Wedge manifold?

Manifold height

I am not sure. Hopefully have this project underway next week, then we'll see what if any problem aries. Is their a adapter to go from the 4 bolt max wedge manifold to a 3" exhaust?

Max Wedge Manifolds

Lenny,
Not sure about the difference in the A&A intake vs. stock--I DO know the stock intake doesn't match up with a 440 (has been done in the past, but only after extensive machining) and A&A makes the max wedge intake manifold for both applications. As far as your exhaust connections, check with TTI. They have everything from the manifolds back to the rear bumper. Good luck; Bob L.

Stock intake on a 440 but with the early heads,TTI has the exhaust you need.And on my 64 the underhood webbing is removed to clear the air cleaners

Attachments

• motor close up left--CL.JPG
    motor close up left--CL.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 334
Auto Transport Service
Back