• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone here have a Durango?

I assume you're probably talking about a newer unibody versions

but;

I had a 1 of 3000,
1999 Shelby Durango SP (Super Pursuit) 360 (5.9ltr R/T Magnum modified)
for about 6 months/blue white stripes
Kenny Bell twin screw SC, had like 400+ftlb of torque, like a 15 sec. rig/0-60 in 6.?
not shabby for the smog Magnum era combo
got it as partial pay on a construction job, the Calif. req. crap slowed it down
($40k, they sold new for like $55k) way back in early 2000's
sold it eventually I didn't have the extra room,
drove nice & had decent power for that era

not it but same color etc.
99 Shelby Durango SP360 Article #1.jpg

99 Shelby Durango SP360 Article #2.jpg

99 Shelby Durango SP360 Article #3.jpg

99 Shelby Durango SP360 Article #4  Supercharged 5.9ltr.jpg

99 Shelby Durango SP360 Article #5 Supercharged 5.9ltr. rear view.jpg

99 Shelby Durango SP360 Article #6.jpg

99 Shelby Durango SP360 Article #7.jpg
99 Shelby Durango SP360 Article #8.jpg

99 Shelby Durango SP360 Article #9.jpg

handled & rode really well, way better than a stock Durango of that era
too bad it was just RWD, not AWD or a real 4x4, I'd have kept it

That suck for the LEOs to have to deal with that crap
Dodge has gone downhill since the newest ownership, big time

My brother ordered a new Durango and has had it for about a year, after waiting months to get it. Sent him this message and he said this has been going on for a year or more, not only for fleet Durango’s. He’s a former cop with some cop buds around the country saying they’re having some issues too. Stella should get their act together as PD’s can be loyal to certain vehicles then not. Hope they’re not too preoccupied with making EV’s…perish the thought.

I have the hood from a Shelby SP 360 that I bought for my Dakota R/T.

...and it's from one of the 16 red ones!

Last edited:
My local Dodge dealership had truckloads of these earlier this year. They stated they were for Pennsylvania state and local police force. They were V6 engines.

I delivered one of those oil coolers today. They sit under the plenum and the factory ones are a two piece plastic housing. They split then leak. The replacement is all aluminum. This was for an older vehicle. I wonder if this issue wasn't addressed yet?

Plastic oil coolers?
*shakes head in disgust and ambles off....*

It's a.... feature, on the pentastar v6. Moms 200 had it happen a couple Christmas's ago while I was in town (fortunately). I caught it, and got it fixed for her while I was there.

Mines a 2019 and other than a few computer updates, a reflash, replaced the navigation system, things are fine and I like it. If I hadn't worked for Chrysler, I wouldn't own one. Say what you want, I knew things that would make you run the other way. Ten year or 100,000, whichever comes first and mines gone. It's five years old now and has 19,000 miles. My Coronet is my back up. I no longer have three new cars at my disposal, those days are long gone. Many problem that occur aren't a problem, if the units are spread around the country, nobody's the wiser. Chryslers thought process was, people own cars between 3 to 5 years and then when sold, the other guy did it............. That's a fact.

Auto Transport Service
Back